Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,773
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ 26th is a Full Moon Day. Amavas. Not very auspicious. So Hayai will probably launch on New Year Day that is 27th.
full moon day means purnima and new moon day means amavasya. so it's a new moon day

full moon day means purnima and new moon day means amavasya. so it's a new moon day
now that's a classic.....:cyclops:

^^ 26th is a Full Moon Day. Amavas. Not very auspicious. So Hayai will probably launch on New Year Day that is 27th.

Though Amavas is not consider good day, but if it is deepawali, there is no better day to start any new venture....

I've been gone for a long time as you can see. Only question is, license update?

^ and by when will that be over, any guesses

Yours is as good as mine. Designer has promised something "within 48 hours" (as of about 7pm).

Taking a wild guess here 11:59PM 25th Oct maybe :P...

I hope not. But if the design isn't ready by that time, we'll just have to launch the site in it's current ugly state and pretty is up over the first couple of weeks.

duh. what is the big deal with everything? it's not like his network would be available throughout mumbai on day one.

it would probably be available in a very small area in mumbai and then we would have threads asking about when hayai would launch their services in area x and area y. :|

i think the most important thing is that the current launch date is looking real. and that is something very exciting.

Yes. We have several different scenarios that we can work with based on 1. License 2. Money and 3. Who is actually available to work on D-Day.

Ripunjay and I just got out from a meeting (yes, at this time of night) where, among other things, I was discussing with him our transitional copper plans for those in areas we don't "own" yet (as in, we have the ability to provide there but no actual fiber in the ground) - and how those will work as obviously they won't work in the same way as the fiber since it will involve cable operators while we get our infrastructure out there. The important thing of course will be determining what we can/will provide with this sort of infrastructure and what guarantees we will/will not provide.

As of now, for the copper I have created a plan which is up to 12mbit/s flat-rate for a pretty decent price (it's not yet approved so I can't say what it is yet) and that would be the only flat-rate plan available - the rest would be data plans in a similar format to what is available now, but with a cheaper price on the infrastructure side than Rs550.

We may also rearrange the flat-rate fiber plans a little (either as a Diwali/launch offer or permanently, I haven't decided yet), but again, waiting for approval. If they're approved, I think you'll like the changes (minimum price is still Rs2k, but highest tier would come down & number of tiers would be reduced, and a new highest tier would be introduced: think multiple devices in 1 home using up to a total of 2.5Gbit/s). Data plans would remain the same for now.

i guess the real question would be when will the first connection be given. I guess seeing the replies of mg it is not 26th or 27th but far of sight....

I would hope that at least 1 connection can be given on day 1. But we don't know who is going to be ordering or what or where they are yet, so it's really hard to say. It would depend on the area(s) that the orders come from on that day. For example, we don't have any of our own fiber in (parts of) Mahim yet but I'd still be happy to provide some form of a connection anyway on the aforementioned transitional plan because of my own situation there, but people in some other parts of Mumbai might have to wait for some time until we can get something ready there (whether copper or fiber).

Also, good news: ANDHERI EAST (JB Nagar etc) we can serve through this method also.

...I hope you're wrong (as some of the comments following yours have suggested)!

I've been gone for a long time as you can see. Only question is, license update?

We're cutting it very close. That's all I can say. It may not be ready by that time, which means "Plan B" is very likely for the first few weeks.

a new highest tier would be introduced: think multiple devices in 1 home using up to a total of 2.5Gbit/s). Data plans would remain the same for now.

Yey! Increase speed of data plans to 2.4 Gbit/s too! Now I wish 10 Gbit/s desktop NICs weren't so obscure.

We're cutting it very close. That's all I can say. It may not be ready by that time, which means "Plan B" is very likely for the first few weeks.

When will you put the coverage area maps online if you don't receive the license by the launch date? I am looking for flats for rent in Pune and a coverage area map will be very useful.

I would hope that at least 1 connection can be given on day 1. But we don't know who is going to be ordering or what or where they are yet, so it's really hard to say. It would depend on the area(s) that the orders come from on that day. For example, we don't have any of our own fiber in (parts of) Mahim yet but I'd still be happy to provide some form of a connection anyway on the aforementioned transitional plan because of my own situation there, but people in some other parts of Mumbai might have to wait for some time until we can get something ready there (whether copper or fiber).

Oh man!! this means waiting for other cities as well, since infra in MUMBAI is still not in place....
for guys from other cities and pune it seems there is no end atleast not till jan or feb that too for initial start, If this is the way the planning is going

So basically the last meeting at the MHA failed? When is the next one?
wheels on bus go round and round.... also 60 seconds rule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back