Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,773
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yey! Increase speed of data plans to 2.4 Gbit/s too! Now I wish 10 Gbit/s desktop NICs weren't so obscure.

Not yet. And even if you got a 10gbit/s NIC, the copper port on the CPE still only supports 1gbit/s.

When will you put the coverage area maps online if you don't receive the license by the launch date? I am looking for flats for rent in Pune and a coverage area map will be very useful.

Pune's coverage is considerably more limited than say Mumbai at the moment because it's a much more recent development and our resources are still mostly focused on Mumbai itself. Chances are if you don't live in the mentioned areas of Pune, you won't get the service until we can get our expansion in Pune underway properly.

So basically the last meeting at the MHA failed? When is the next one?

MHA was solved long back otherwise I wouldn't even be in India. DoT is the issue now and they are taking a little longer than I expected. Ripunjay is going - yet again - on Monday. I'm starting to think it would have been more effective for me to station him in Delhi itself for this month, but, fourth time's a charm?

Oh man!! this means waiting for other cities as well, since infra in MUMBAI is still not in place....
for guys from other cities and pune it seems there is no end atleast not till jan or feb that too for initial start, If this is the way the planning is going

We've never said that we would be covering 100% of Mumbai on day 1. In fact, I've explicitly stated the opposite.

Pune is rolling out but in limited areas, but until our license is 100% satisfied we can't provide any actual service there - once we begin generating revenues and everything then the rollout and expansion will accelerate, including the planning and rollout of infrastructure in other metros.

However, right now we are focusing on ONE thing, and ONE THING ALONE.

wheels on bus go round and round.... also 60 seconds rule...

You're a very compulsive typist. Please think through what you want to say and then only post.

I would hope that at least 1 connection can be given on day 1. But we don't know who is going to be ordering or what or where they are yet, so it's really hard to say. It would depend on the area(s) that the orders come from on that day. For example, we don't have any of our own fiber in (parts of) Mahim yet but I'd still be happy to provide some form of a connection anyway on the aforementioned transitional plan because of my own situation there, but people in some other parts of Mumbai might have to wait for some time until we can get something ready there (whether copper or fiber).

Also, good news: ANDHERI EAST (JB Nagar etc) we can serve through this method also.

So does that mean that the first connection will not even be true FTTH and will be the same old cablewala BB?

And as of now there is no NOC/network ops centre right? So who's network are u going to use?

So does that mean that the first connection will not even be true FTTH and will be the same old cablewala BB?

It depends on the area. If the first connection is not in Vikhroli-Mulund, Thane, Goregaon, then no, it won't be true FTTH. As has been the case since forever. If the first connection is in one of those areas, then it can be.

And as of now there is no NOC/network ops centre right? So who's network are u going to use?

We're running things out of 2 separate offices at the moment, and I can see what's going on pretty much on the fly from my mobile, including bandwidth transfer. NOC is at HNS in Bhandup for the time being because of provisioning and a few other reasons I can't go in to right now.

And one more thing MG...i heard from my ISP that fiber cut takes long to repair....He told me 5 hrs atleast....Do you have ground staff ready to deal with these cuts?

And one more thing MG...i heard from my ISP that fiber cut takes long to repair....He told me 5 hrs atleast....Do you have ground staff ready to deal with these cuts?

1 hour once the technician arrives at the scene, so total time may be 3-4 hours depending on accessibility and such. We are trying to mitigate this risk by having redundant fiber, so if one goes down the other one should kick in within 50ms or so.

How many Kilometers of cable are already laid? Also a rough map of the fiber as a Google overlay would really help the user know whether they would get a connection or not

How many Kilometers of cable are already laid? Also a rough map of the fiber as a Google overlay would really help the user know whether they would get a connection or not

This has already been asked for. Someone is making it and it will be posted when the website comes online.

Cheap, fast and good. Choose 2 (fast & good, s'il vous plait!)

what does "s'il vous plait!" mean? :o

Literally translated, it means "if you please" in French, but is commonly used as just "please".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back