Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,772
Status
Not open for further replies.
mgcarleyAt that time, yes. Since then, things have changed and we've applied for our own class A license.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------That means you agree that your claim "We have a class-A license" was a big lie.

If you have seen the wiring on electric poles, then if the electricity goes out because of short circuit on any of these poles, then a provision is there which ensures that within a short amount of time the electricity from other wires is routed to the affected areas as well, to ensure smooth supply of electricity till someone fixes the pole wiring. A similar concept is applied here, but just that there is no wire, there is a fiber optic cable.

In other words, a separate spare link is there which is used in case of breakage of a link.

That's called redundancy.

I guess you mean the high voltage electric transmission towers which supply power to electric sub stations are redundant. Electric sub stations tend to have good enough redundancy, usually with several wires from a source or with connections to several sources or both.

In the electric poles by the roadside which supply mains power to houses, there is usually no redundancy; there is only one set of 220V wires and optionally one set of 11000V wires.

Redundancy in last mile electric power transmission is very expensive, difficult and require extensive maintenance. For redundancy up to your mains supply in your house, two set of connections from the sub station to your house are required. This also means redundant step down transformers between the substation and your house. Then a switchover will be needed just before the supply meter of your house.

An automatic switchover for mains electricity isn't exactly cheap and also has certain risks associated with it. In India, automatic switchovers have been used only in installations which require high availability; most (if not all) home/society installations use manual switchovers between mains supply and generator supply.

It's completely automatic. 2 cables taking different routes are connected to the same equipment - one cable in port1, another in port2.
Do you mean redundancy upto ONTs or redundancy upto CPEs? Redundancy upto CPEs will be awesome but I doubt if it makes much business sense.

BTW, please post a list of coverage areas in Pune.

hey elepton,
thanks for the knowledge.

----------

mgcarley
At that time, yes. Since then, things have changed and we've applied for our own class A license.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That means you agree that your claim "We have a class-A license" was a big lie.
Looks like you'll receive a ban as a diwali gift..

hey elepton,
thanks for the knowledge.

----------

Looks like you'll receive a ban as a diwali gift..

For what? Pointing out mistake? Last year he claimed "We have a class-A license". Now he is saying that he don't have any license. How is that possible? I am helpless if you don't have commonsense.

that is exactly the kind of attitude that would get you banned here. ask him why he claimed last year that he had a class-a license (link to the specific post where he said so) and let him respond.

that is exactly the kind of attitude that would get you banned here.

ask him why he claimed last year that he had a class-a license (link to the specific post where he said so) and let him respond.

I already shared the link

FTTH/Quad-play in New Zealand
check 5th post of the above page. He said "We have a class-A license"

refer to a post made on this forum.

I made my points clear. I am 100% sure that my points are right. I always protest against people who try to make fool of Indian public. I posted comments against tata docomo and vodafone online support team when they posted scripted replays.

This is your forum. You can decide whether to ban me or not.

the point i am trying to make is this. you are referring to a post made on another forum focused on the new zealand market. he did not make a claim to us the 'indian public'. and even if he did say something like that there... it could have been just a simplification of something else. and mgcarley was initially planning to use HNS' ISP license from what I remember. i cannot really speak on his behalf. i am just trying to say that everything else is irrelevant... the only thing relevant is when he launches his service in the indian market. and no one is trying to make a fool out of you or the 'indian public' here on this forum. he had a plan, he has been working on it for the last couple of years. he has been posting updates here. he has seen some major stumbling blocks. but one thing he has never asked any one of us... pay up. every single person here knows that hayai is something that exists in theory right now. and unless it launches in the market, it remains exactly that. if it matters to you that he should have the relevant license, i guess you do not live in the practical world. as per reports posted elsewhere on this forum, there are many ISPs operating in india with relevant licenses with ZERO customers on their records. for most of us, what matters is that he launches his product. how he does that? it is not our headache. when he would get his license? not our headache. would he deliver what he has been promising all this time? that is our headache. if you have doubts about the authenticity of hayai, feel free to stop following this section of the forum.

mgcarley
At that time, yes. Since then, things have changed and we've applied for our own class A license.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That means you agree that your claim "We have a class-A license" was a big lie.

Key words were missing in that post, in particular "have access to". Big shit. Things change in a year. Et al ad infinitum.

Do you mean redundancy upto ONTs or redundancy upto CPEs? Redundancy upto CPEs will be awesome but I doubt if it makes much business sense.

BTW, please post a list of coverage areas in Pune.

Redundancy up to the splitter, which in 99% of cases is inside your society.

I have done that already. Magarpatta and a couple of hotspots nearby and Paud Road.

For what? Pointing out mistake? Last year he claimed "We have a class-A license". Now he is saying that he don't have any license. How is that possible? I am helpless if you don't have commonsense.

As I've mentioned, I'm not infallible. I make mistakes. I am human. I missed out a couple of, admittedly, key words. Big whoop. Stop treating me like I'm an effing robot/deity/whatever.

the point i am trying to make is this.

you are referring to a post made on another forum focused on the new zealand market.

he did not make a claim to us the 'indian public'.

and even if he did say something like that there... it could have been just a simplification of something else. and mgcarley was initially planning to use HNS' ISP license from what I remember. i cannot really speak on his behalf. i am just trying to say that everything else is irrelevant... the only thing relevant is when he launches his service in the indian market.

and no one is trying to make a fool out of you or the 'indian public' here on this forum.

he had a plan, he has been working on it for the last couple of years. he has been posting updates here. he has seen some major stumbling blocks. but one thing he has never asked any one of us... pay up.

every single person here knows that hayai is something that exists in theory right now. and unless it launches in the market, it remains exactly that.

if it matters to you that he should have the relevant license, i guess you do not live in the practical world. as per reports posted elsewhere on this forum, there are many ISPs operating in india with relevant licenses with ZERO customers on their records.

for most of us, what matters is that he launches his product. how he does that? it is not our headache. when he would get his license? not our headache. would he deliver what he has been promising all this time? that is our headache. if you have doubts about the authenticity of hayai, feel free to stop following this section of the forum.

Haters will hate. In 3 days he can eat his words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back