High rates of BSNL unlimited plans....

• Thread starter Thread starter abhispra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 17,240

abhispra

ISP
BSNL
Hello everyone. I have recently moved from 750 plus plan to 1350 plus plan in the unlimited category. I am satisfied by the speed offering of 512Kbps but unfortunately, the charges for the plan (Rental - 1350 + Modem - 50/80 + Service Tax) seems to be really high compared to similar plans offered by Airtel. The base rate for the same speed offered by Airtel is Re 1099. Also, after going through the Airtel forum on this site, I find that lot of new offers are introduced with higher speed/ lower rentals. Can't we all users of unlimited plan of BSNL present our case to the right BSNL authority/forum. As it is, BSNL customer care is non existent. Also the number of BSNL landline connections are decreasing big time. Don't we, the loyal customers of BSNL deserve fair rates. I have seen lot of posts in this forum of people hoping that BSNL introduces new unlimited plans but thats it nothing further.I personally know of a case where a group of customers forced a leading bank to offer better home loan rates just by showing collectivism. If nothing else, we can give it a try. Request all to post their thoughts/ideas.

At BSNL management, they have deaf and dumb. They won't hear even if shout. Good suggestion anyways.

Thanks Dilip for replying. If we get a sizable number of users, I believe we can force them to listen!! I have a couple of ideas but first let see the response of other users.

Just found that Airtel is offering a scheme wherein you can double your speed by paying Rs 100 over the plan charges. This is applicable for all plans but on invite only. So basically some Airtel customers are getting unlimited 1Mbps for Rs.1199 whereas we get 512Kbps for Rs.1350. Time to get value for our money!!

Thanks for your support sumitbaran. But unless a sizable number of users support and decide to stand for themselves, nothing much can be achieved. Even if we get some 100 people, we should be able to present our case. As Dilip rightly mentioned, BSNL management is deaf and dumb and to make them listen to us we would require support of lot more people.
Everybody in this forum can help by just propagating this message. To see what the resolve of a single person can do see this and this.

Thanks Dilip for replying. If we get a sizable number of users, I believe we can force them to listen!! I have a couple of ideas but first let see the response of other users.

I'm with you guys but i don't think these numbers are enough .... we need more ppl

Really unfortunate that not many users are coming forward. Looks like BSNL users would continue to pay high rates based on the whims of BSNL!!

Back