High rates of BSNL unlimited plans....

• Thread starter Thread starter abhispra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 17,240
i dont think we should be comparing much but on value for money way we should all agree that it is both resonable and possible to provide at least the bandwidth so that we could enjoy the true potential of braodband and watch youtube or live Tv on internet

airtel has their own gateway. they have the price advantage compared to smaller ISPs operating in the country. mtnl is of course supported by the central government.

airtel has FUP on most of their new plans. which means that you end up with slower speeds after downloading 25-50-100GB of data.

MTNL of course has their new plans in Mumbai which are rather competitive. But the fact remains, they have the resources of the Indian government.

Agreed. Couple of points though
1> I believe 100 GB FUP is good enough for most of the users. Also on a 1 Mbps line, theoretically you can at-most download 316GBs if you download continuously for 24/7/30. So 100 GB should be decent.
2>BSNL is also a state owned enterprise as is MTNL.
The point I am trying to make is that we do end up paying a lot more. This I believe is also because of the policies of the government. Look at what proper competition has done to voice space.

in mobile space, you do not have to rely upon international gateways. you pay for the local spectrum and then you are free to charge what you want to charge. that is the reason why international calls and SMS are still expensive coz again, very few companies in india have international calling gateways.think of local mobile calls as a wide area network... hayai is going to make available their own network for their customers for free. so you would not pay for data transfer on the same network. this is because they can. this is the reason why most mobile companies charge very less (Even nothing) for calls made on their own networks.

I sincerely believe that BSNL can just double their speeds for existing monthly plans without losing much of their profit. Like,Home 250 - 2.5 GB with NUHome 500 - 256 Kbps (True Unlimited)Home 750 - 512 Kbps (True Unlimited)Home 1350 - 1 Mbps (True Unlimited)We cannot blame BSNL alone as Airtel and Reliance were the ones which were providing plans at higher costs initially, introducing the stupid FUP to the country and then undercutting BSNL by reducing charges for plans with FUP.All private ISPs behave like crooks but in my humble opinion BSNL is too dumb to be a crook. :-)

I sincerely believe that BSNL can just double their speeds for existing monthly plans without losing much of their profit.
Like,
Home 250 - 2.5 GB with NU
Home 500 - 256 Kbps (True Unlimited)
Home 750 - 512 Kbps (True Unlimited)
Home 1350 - 1 Mbps (True Unlimited)
We cannot blame BSNL alone as Airtel and Reliance were the ones which were providing plans at higher costs initially, introducing the stupid FUP to the country and then undercutting BSNL by reducing charges for plans with FUP.

All private ISPs behave like crooks but in my humble opinion BSNL is too dumb to be a crook. :-)
speed and prices are negative points in bsnl compared to airtel. i used airtel while i was in chennai. used two plans(799 combo and swift 1099). nice service from them and no downtime or no problems came for the period of 22 july 2009 to 1st november 2009. only problem is not able to use net service when power service is disrupted in my area(tambaram) :D but they made me feel frustrated when i wanted to cancel the connection when i was coming permanently to hyderabad :mad: misleading people with false information. at last i went to their lobby in guindy industrial area and handed over the equipment. i feel that if airtel expand their service to our area in hyderabad, i will be very happy and take their connection for sure :D

ah well getting an airtel connection disconnected is a painful process. i am not sure about sarkari phones though. you cannot pay the due amount at the spot. you have to wait for the final bills. and then you are able to fulfill all the pending dues to properly terminate the connection. i am not even talking about getting back the refundable security (if applicable in your case) from airtel.

hi abhispra,i support you. for 1350 UL they can give 1mbps. but 512kbps is relatively slow for Rs.1350+tax+modem rent....

hi abhispra,

i support you. for 1350 UL they can give 1mbps. but 512kbps is relatively slow for Rs.1350+tax+modem rent....

dude, hardly 10 people have come forward....so don't think anything much can happen!! My idea of this post was to get a sizable number of users and then try something. Looks like majority of people don't mind paying higher charges so users like you and me would have to suffer!!

http://img534.imageshack.us/i/dsc01179a.jpg/

Bsnl BB 8Mbps @ Rs. 2799 [Limit - 50 GB]
Bsnl BB 16Mbps @ Rs. 4999 [Limit - 110 GB]
Bsnl BB 24Mbps @ Rs. 9999 [Limit - 220 GB]

Saw the same plans in the Economic Times.
They are all limited plans with different speeds. Still cannot understand why a 2 mbps user is confined to 1.5 GB limit while the 8 mbps plan has a 50 GB limit. :madness:
Things should change soon once the BSNL disinvestment starts. Else they only want to change things every few years.
The comittee headed by Sam Pitroda has suggested a complete change of top management, it needs to happen before BSNL loses all their customers.

Back