High rates of BSNL unlimited plans....

• Thread starter Thread starter abhispra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 17,240
Saw the same plans in the Economic Times.
They are all limited plans with different speeds. Still cannot understand why a 2 mbps user is confined to 1.5 GB limit while the 8 mbps plan has a 50 GB limit. :madness:
Things should change soon once the BSNL disinvestment starts. Else they only want to change things every few years.
The comittee headed by Sam Pitroda has suggested a complete change of top management, it needs to happen before BSNL loses all their customers.

Edit: Why do my posts need to be approved before they appear?

I don't think its just the top management. The entire organization still lives in the license raj era where you had to beg people to get a telephone connection. I believe BSNL is on the fast track following on the footsteps of Air India. And then they expect tax payers money to bail them out. This organization had assets/cash reserves in thousand of crores. But in the last 6~7 years they have continuously been falling and now barely manage to be in profit. Look at SBI, even after being a govt. owned organization, it has completely changed the way we bank. Today, I have the option of using all private/ international banks but I still prefer SBI. They compete head on with all domestic/international banks and offer best rates/services. The problem I see is that BSNL is still managed by politicians rather than professionals. They just canceled there 93 million gsm line tender which has been going on for last 2 years. Apparently, the tender was canceled because BSNL negotiated better rates with Ericsson(winning bidder) after the tender had been processed and Vigilance commission raised objections. The money they lost due to the delay would be much more even if we consider that they were overpaying for the tender. Just my thoughts....comments are always welcome.

For FY 08-09 BSNL incurred losses of Rs 4,963.6 crore from its non-cellular business, which largely constitutes its fixedline and broadband
offerings,...profits had nosedived 81% and revenues fell 6% when compared to last year.

Source

Govt is basically bailing out BSNL. Govt is desperate to sell bsnl. How can you expect lucrative BB plans from BSNL when people just dumping landline phones these days?

Hey Guyz, I am with you. I am thinking of changing the plan to unlimited.. Whats the big picture out here?? Are we going to come to any resolution ??

BSNL may introduce new plans in near future. It is very long time since they updated home plans. So may something in next financial year.

^^^ not just any new plans.. we want some plans that can put MTNL's and Airtel's plans to shame!!

Everybody is talking the same tune. But no response from BSNL :(

At least, make an attempt to maintain some price parity with the competition.MTNL is leading in Maharashtra/Delhi and they are also government.

Lately BSNL is just concentrating on EVDO cards and 3G launches. Almost every 2 days we see news BSNL launched 3G in ---. But no news about BB plans. :(

Back