How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,698
if we are lucky we would have hayai. ;) by the end of the year hopefully.

I dont think its coming to Delhi and NCR this fast :P though surely would like it to come soon :)

i guess they realized that it is fun to take on giants by offering plans that can be delivered profitably even in indian market.
But it is not possible because they should have feasibility everywhere in the nation otherwise no one will going to take advantage of it.

----------

if we are lucky we would have hayai. ;) by the end of the year hopefully.
IF everything goes well.......I would be jealous of not having hayai at that time.

On the other hand, BSNL, MTNL, Airtel etc don't charge separately for infrastructure, and even though it's a tangible thing (as in, actual cabling and equipment), for some people it feels like a kind of "nothing item" that's designed merely to inflate the price or something.

hey dude I payed airtel some shit load of money for installation (wiring ) and purchasing there crappy modem it came down to around 3K to 4K ( 2k being the router I bought which I was forced to buy frm airtel since the the airtel sales guy told me with airtel net you are suppose to use beetels modems....plus he told me after this I could keep the modem but later airtel cc told me that it just a dwn payment and I would need to return back the router if dc the connection. )

with MTNL there is installation charges as well as activation charges...I dont remember if I payed any activation charges separately with airtel.....

one thing is clear... this proves that mgcarley's model is possible in india. fewer people are going to be surprised when (and if) hayai launches!
First all I will give shocking article to TT guys especially Anurag Bhatia. I will remove his patia with my poor English. There will not be a difference in my language and his.

I dont think its coming to Delhi and NCR this fast :P though surely would like it to come soon :)
i was just trying to send an indirect message to mgcarley ;)

only time would tell if beam can sustain their speeds and network uptime with so many customers joining their network.

na I doubt it.....couple of month it would all come down..plans coming off..they can barely handle their existing customers...

----------

i was just trying to send an indirect message to mgcarley ;)

haha dnt worry abt sending him messages directly or indirectly he has been getting those the day he joint IBF and announced abt Hayai :)

airtel has neared it?

hayai is not about cheap bandwidth alone. it is more about cheap bandwidth at the speeds your network could handle.

Yeah that would happen after hayai.
Hayai will not make more difference to existing companies tariff because most of users look for cheap broadband and those do not know about speed much. Only heavy downloader users will prefer hayai. Hayai may be popular with good service in light usage users if service would be good.

airtel has neared it?

hayai is not about cheap bandwidth alone. it is more about cheap bandwidth at the speeds your network could handle.

quality and speed both :)

Airtel has already almost neared it and i see further nearing in the coming few days.
indeed if beam is

Hayai could be +

I was waiting for railwire from at-lest 3years, after they announced it will be in Hyderabad available from 26 January 2009, even got their mail saying so, but after that nothing happened.
Than i was waiting for Hayai for almost 1year, the meetups on last may/june in hyderabad, gave me an impression that will be available in Hyderabad from January 2011, But till today, its been discussed in IF-s and BUT-s. And i dont know how long we wil use those uncertain words.

I loved the model framed by Hayai, and beam is, somewhat in that same direction, if i ignore the 30Gb FUP cap, im still getting 2mbps PURE unlimited in 1000/- inc taxes.
Im still waiting for Hayai because of beam's "not so good support" and worst ping time, stopping me playing many of the games over steam, whose servers are based in Singapore.

In airtel i was getting 70 -90 ping in Singapore & Malaysian servers , where in Beam its went as high as 250 - 300.
But beam is giving me ****ing Awesome ping time in EU/FS/RU servers, less then 150, where as in Airtel those servers were untouchable with about 300-500 ping time.

It Ok, that i have access to more pro-servers, but my fav servers are unplayable and missing my buddies :(

----------

----------

fivenet huh.?! *opens google....*
OMG OMG what the .... is this
Special New Year Offer Plan Upto 10 Mbps Unlimited Usage Plan + Free Holiday Package worth Rs 6000/- (3 Days/2 Nights)

500/- per month for Unlimited 10mbits ??? amazing
But clicking on offer details downloaded 6mb pdf holiday redemption voucher, nothing mentioned about Internet, broadband, plans, money.

OMG OMG what the .... is this

500/- per month for Unlimited 10mbits ??? amazing

what the.....is it fivenet plans..?!?

----------

OF THE TOPIC..............................and who changed the title for this thread..?!!?
i kinda liked the first title..... :angry::scare: :_)

Back