How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,698
what the.....is it fivenet plans..?!?

----------

OF THE TOPIC..............................and who changed the title for this thread..?!!?
i kinda liked the first title..... :angry::scare: :_)

that's the plan of a lifetime.

OF THE TOPIC..............................and who changed the title for this thread..?!!? i kinda liked the first title..... :angry::scare: :_)
10MBPS !! 15MBPS!! how does beam manage these lightning fast speeds!!
Because those are not lightening fast speeds, although we are forced to think so by the grace of Airtel & mighty BSNL.
speeds 1gbps can be called lightening fast :)

:shock::Freaky: i often see this line...
Because those are not lightening fast speeds, although we are forced to think so by the grace of Airtel & mighty BSNL.
speeds 1gbps can be called lightening fast :)

so apparantly 10mbps is not so special abroad.....
so whats the average speed of ppl in developed countries..!? USA..Japan..?! singapore..?!

I dont think its coming to Delhi and NCR this fast :P though surely would like it to come soon :)

We're trying. Really.

hey dude I payed airtel some shit load of money for installation (wiring ) and purchasing there crappy modem it came down to around 3K to 4K ( 2k being the router I bought which I was forced to buy frm airtel since the the airtel sales guy told me with airtel net you are suppose to use beetels modems....plus he told me after this I could keep the modem but later airtel cc told me that it just a dwn payment and I would need to return back the router if dc the connection. )

with MTNL there is installation charges as well as activation charges...I dont remember if I payed any activation charges separately with airtel.....

I'm not talking about installation charges and whatnot, I'm talking about a monthly charge for the infrastructure - it's all lumped in with the price of the plan (or, you may share the cost with the provider by paying an up-front install charge as you did).

Yeah that would happen after hayai.
Hayai will not make more difference to existing companies tariff because most of users look for cheap broadband and those do not know about speed much. Only heavy downloader users will prefer hayai. Hayai may be popular with good service in light usage users if service would be good.

We have Hayai Lite for those users :)

:shock::Freaky: i often see this line...

so apparantly 10mbps is not so special abroad.....
so whats the average speed of ppl in developed countries..!? USA..Japan..?! singapore..?!

What passes for broadband in the USA is really quite poor, but Japan and Singapore have fairly decent speeds - http://www.netindex.com/
http://www.netindex.com/download/2,17/Singapore/
http://www.netindex.com/download/2,78/Japan/

:shock::Freaky:
Average speed is entirely different then top speed.
Japan has an average speed of 93Mbps according to the OECD
France has an advertised average of 44Mbps.
South Korea's figure is 43Mbps, which is going to be multiplied by 10time in year 2012, making Avg speed of 1Gbps. (Source: https://broadband.forum/broadband-in-india/41255-south-korea-get-1gbps-download/)
Source:- BBC NEWS | Technology | Broadband speeds around the world

for agv speed see Net Index by Ookla
remember Average = (item1+item2) / 2

---------------------------------

Off topic: digged out this
India Receives 1gbps in 2010 @hayai

lets edit the 2010 as 2012.
amen !!
:fingers-crossed:

USA is going down the drain just like India.
Friendship effect ?

"Each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."
— Mitch Albom

yyea..i know difference between average speed and top speed......and am just concerned with avg speed!!and heard that USA has 4G networks launched in this year....and they have iPhones droids ipads a.k.a smartphones and tablets which use net significantly....so why dont they have superior speeds..?! oO

USA is going down the drain just like India. There are exceptions though: Sonic.net for example is doing something very cool... 1Gbps fiber for $70—in America? Yup.

But they are not leaving with 256 kbps speed like us. They have average speed around 5-10mbps at affordable price.
But as I know, they have started replacing copper cables with Fiber around the nation. First example is Google FIOS. I know tariffs has not declared yet. It is under development. That project will give each user 1 GBPS but Fiber development in USA will not go like India development speed once all will start replacing cables in USA.

Back