How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,697
yea...thanks netant...will check it out..

----------

well ...firefox problem..??!
after windows 7 updates restarted the sysem..i opened firefox and when i typed google.....i got 24 online cilent webpage....after entering the id and password.....when i hit enter...again in a new tab 24online page loads.....even if i open another tab and type in google.com or any other website...24online page appears!!! :annoyed::at-wits-end: !!
so opened google chrome and hit enter and everything works..am gettin net!!
but when i again open firefox and new tab and google .com or any other website..it takes me again to 24online client page!!! :( any idea whats going on ..?!?!?!? ????

yea...thanks netant...will check it out..

----------

well ...firefox problem..??!
after windows 7 updates restarted the sysem..i opened firefox and when i typed google.....i got 24 online cilent webpage....after entering the id and password.....when i hit enter...again in a new tab 24online page loads.....even if i open another tab and type in google.com or any other website...24online page appears!!! :annoyed::at-wits-end: !!
so opened google chrome and hit enter and everything works..am gettin net!!
but when i again open firefox and new tab and google .com or any other website..it takes me again to 24online client page!!! :( any idea whats going on ..?!?!?!? ????
yes, its simple to solve. check your PM this https://broadband.forum/beam-fiber-broadband/69888-pppoe-setup-beam-fiber-broadband/

That problems occurs when due to some reason the CPE Box is unable to refresh its memory & fail to assign you new IP address ( told by beam tech guy)

We don't need to react to anything - I'd rather be the disruptive one. I'm sure by this time next year, Beam will be following in our footsteps.
exactly how?:knife:

By if, you mean when. I can assure you that our plans are due for a huge revamp. I'm hoping to finally achieve my goal of flat-rate 100mbit/s at around Rs3k. Believe me, I lose sleep over my pricing.

your present tent. price list's quote 100 mbps @ 6500 and u r saying that it might come down to around 3k i.e. half the original.
Hence can we expect the same in 20Mbit (it was 5mbit earlier..increased??:Boy Think:) @ 1500 plan as well.:1drool:

exactly how?:knife:

By us having the best range of plans and offering services they can only dream of ;)

your present tent. price list's quote 100 mbps @ 6500 and u r saying that it might come down to around 3k i.e. half the original.
Hence can we expect the same in 20Mbit (it was 5mbit earlier..increased??:Boy Think:) @ 1500 plan as well.:1drool:

Pretty much, yes... that's the goal.

^^ so can we expect 20 mbits-200 gb @ 750 or 1000 at the most.??Whereas Beam is giving 10mbps for 1000 now.By the what the hell has happened in the last few months. Is it the BW prices which have tumbled or the equipment's which have turned dirt cheap.??

totally hijacked thread :P BTW i just gone through MG's personal blog, he was worried about being called fraud-company & some personal attacks too ( i read online ). I fell really bad.I think its only because he is very open to us & discuss even the smallest things with us, which gives everybody a positive hope & a kind of greed to own it asap, frustrated from the current big ISP like bsnl & Airtel.But as the Hayai roll-out is lagging behind from what MG personally mentioned many times in this forum, peoples patience are breaking & loosing faith. I can understand the pain is A$$ to start something like this, specially when the govt babus are involved, i have good exp dealing with them. But we cant accept the same level of understanding from everyone, am i right MG ?So i would request you to ignore such things.

^^ so can we expect 20 mbits-200 gb @ 750 or 1000 at the most.??

No, you can't. At least not without a stupidly small FUP on it.

Whereas Beam is giving 10mbps for 1000 now.

Granted, with a FUP of 30GB, then 2mbit/s thereafter. But that's not half bad at the end of the day.

By the what the hell has happened in the last few months. Is it the BW prices which have tumbled or the equipment's which have turned dirt cheap.??

Bandwidth prices have reduced slightly... only very slightly. Equipment prices are quite stable. I'm guessing that at least Beam is realizing that what I've been saying is at least somewhat true and that high-speed is a good thing.

Airtel's speeds haven't changed - I suspect the change in their FUPs is because of consumer backlash... maybe enough people made noise about it... but the rest of the ISPs seem to be pretty much static, from what I can see.

totally hijacked thread :P

BTW i just gone through MG's personal blog, he was worried about being called fraud-company & some personal attacks too ( i read online ). I fell really bad.
I think its only because he is very open to us & discuss even the smallest things with us, which gives everybody a positive hope & a kind of greed to own it asap, frustrated from the current big ISP like bsnl & Airtel.
But as the Hayai roll-out is lagging behind from what MG personally mentioned many times in this forum, peoples patience are breaking & loosing faith.
I can understand the pain is A$$ to start something like this, specially when the govt babus are involved, i have good exp dealing with them. But we cant accept the same level of understanding from everyone, am i right MG ?
So i would request you to ignore such things.

Yeah, but sometimes it's hard to be attacked as a person for something that *technically* my company is doing, as in, I'm not the only one involved, but I still cop all the flak. It's a bit misdirected, first of all, but secondly, we're not even providing a service yet - if we'd ripped someone off then such statements might be justified.

I merely felt that the argument (partially fueled by the guys at TT) was without merit and indeed, libelous, and that despite them having contacted various entities concerning Hayai's existence (including HNS and others) they of course didn't present any of the supporting evidence - just the fact that some of the things I've said over the past 24+ months have changed.

And what annoyed me more is that Anurag then went ahead and started slandering me on NZ sites as well, and this is not only a fairly tight knit community, but one in which I know quite a few people both personally and professionally.

The other more anonymous people who were talking about it, well... they're just being stupid. Unfortunately, that's not something I can prevent.

Anyway, back on topic: ummmmmm... yeah... it's not the speed that costs, it's the data. Maybe Beam's customer base has reached a nice point whereby the speeds are decent, the FUPs aren't too horrible and the price is agreeable.

Back