How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,697
well MG......internet consumer in india just sees two things....First cost and then speed!!! For example ..take me....first i decided i would not spend more than 1000bucks on internet...then i scaned the whole net and newspapers offering highest speeds at my price....and i opted for it..!! and tomorrow if i see an ad for Hayai saying 20 Mbits -50GB for 1000bucks....i would wait for 3-4months to check the quality ..and then definitely take it......iam sure every teenager and internet consumer would do the same thing...(well not everybody but those wo download stuff very much)!!

well MG......internet consumer in india just sees two things....First cost and then speed!!!
For example ..take me....first i decided i would not spend more than 1000bucks on internet...then i scaned the whole net and newspapers offering highest speeds at my price....and i opted for it..!! and tomorrow if i see an ad for Hayai saying 20 Mbits -50GB for 1000bucks....i would wait for 3-4months to check the quality ..and then definitely take it......iam sure every teenager and internet consumer would do the same thing...(well not everybody but those wo download stuff very much)!!

That's why I think our data plans will be so popular. 1Gbit/s with 50GB would cost Rs1050 :D

No, you can't. At least not without a stupidly small FUP on it.

so only the high end 100 mbit plans will face price cuts...
that 3k thing?

Granted, with a FUP of 30GB, then 2mbit/s thereafter. But that's not half bad at the end of the day.
that's extreme from point of view of current user, like a water in desert. and post fup speed is 4mbps if i am not wrong.
but the main thing is the price point. It is truly a price everyone can afford,:solid: even a BSNL 750 user will not find it hard to migrate.

Bandwidth prices have reduced slightly... only very slightly. Equipment prices are quite stable. I'm guessing that at least Beam is realizing that what I've been saying is at least somewhat true and that high-speed is a good thing.

so technically what has changed :hypnotized: that u ar anticipating drastic price cuts and equalization of prices with beam. Or have u just changed ur anticipated(not the price list value) data usage nos to bring the cuts.

so only the high end 100 mbit plans will face price cuts...
that 3k thing?

that's extreme from point of view of current user, like a water in desert. and post fup speed is 4mbps if i am not wrong.
but the main thing is the price point. It is truly a price everyone can afford,:solid: even a BSNL 750 user will not find it hard to migrate.

so technically what has changed :hypnotized: that u ar anticipating drastic price cuts and equalization of prices with beam. Or have u just changed ur anticipated(not the price list value) data usage nos to bring the cuts.

All this is better answered in a Hayai thread. I'll copy & paste it in to... the pricing thread.

That's why I think our data plans will be so popular. 1Gbit/s with 50GB would cost Rs1050 :D
I would kiss your feet if you introduce this plan in hyd!! :''')

Our data plans are completely customizable: as with all wired plans, the base infrastructure is Rs550, then for data plans we charge just Rs10/GB (therefore Rs550 + Rs10 x 50GB = Rs1050). I'd like to see other operators follow in our footsteps and lower their per MB/per GB charges to more reasonable levels (rather than Rs100, 200, 500 per GB as they are now).

Even Beam's excess usage charges are a bit excessive and could use some work, but then, in my opinion their data plans aren't particularly attractive to begin with (better off with 512k or 1mbit/s unlimited)

No, Who knows well about beam not get shocked with hayai, because beam is currently offering 1gbps business plans, check beamtele.com

Anyone can offer 1Gbit/s leased lines right now, and have been able to for years. Tata, Reliance, Bharti, BSNL, MTNL - they'll all do 1 or even 10Gbit/s in any form you want (managed ethernet, MPLS etc) for anyone willing to shell out the necessary cash, but we're talking crores per year to avail such a service.

However, 1gbit/s to consumers & businesses (including small and medium enterprises) at a reasonable price - by default? That's a horse of a different colour.

hahaha.......What would you do to him if he introduces 100Gbit/s with 100 GB @ Rs.1050 in the near future?

Back