How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,697
hahaha.......What would you do to him if he introduces 100Gbit/s with 100 GB @ Rs.1050 in the near future?

Heh. I hate to think!

All I want to do is provide an excellent broadband service at a reasonable price - there's no need for anyone to kiss my feet or anything of that nature, just buy my product when it becomes available.

If he still feels the need to worship something, there are plenty of gods in India - worship them instead (traditions are important, do not forget where you come from) - may I suggest Viswakarma: God of Technology, Machines, Iron-work, Masonry, Carpentry, and all Trades and Handicraft ;)

may I suggest Viswakarma: God of Technology, Machines, Iron-work, Masonry, Carpentry, and all Trades and Handicraft ;)

o.O even i didnt knew that gods name.....
someone has been listening to his wife very carefully .! : P lol!!

BTW my question is still not answered.....
how is beam able to provide such services all of a sudden..!?!?
well did its CEO jus woke up one morning and said "Ok bro, lets give the customers unbelievable speeds..!?!? " almost all the ISPs in india gave 750kbps~1 mbps for 800~1200 INr range...suddenly beam comes and gives 10 Frigging Mbits!!!! >.>

BTW my question is still not answered.....
how is beam able to provide such services all of a sudden..!?!?
well did its CEO jus woke up one morning and said "Ok bro, lets give the customers unbelievable speeds..!?!? " almost all the ISPs in india gave 750kbps~1 mbps for 800~1200 INr range...suddenly beam comes and gives 10 Frigging Mbits!!!! >.>

One can only hope that it happened that way. Or maybe he got some advice from someone somewhere. Or maybe he started listening to the demands of the customers, and being a relatively small ISP felt that they're in a better place than the others to trial such speeds and then it turned out that the trial was hugely successful and he felt that in order to take the largest portion of the broadband market in Hyderabad he had to offer what they are advertising as "crazy plans". Who knows.

But you might be surprised to learn that there's not much stopping all of the other providers from doing the same - especially considering that they all have FUPs. As you may have read in some of my other threads, in my opinion the best situation would be where the providers start offering service at "line speed" (as in, not artificially restricted), and then either having data charged at reasonable rates or an FUP after which the speed can drop to 512k or whatever.

hmmmmm then why are airtel and reliance not responding...?!actually reliance responded by upgrading their plans..but still they are sh!t compared to beam.....and also saw on some other thread that airtel officials are doing nothing abt it..!! hmmmmmmmm...well am getting my promised speeds and already half limit to FUP completed....: D hope this stays like this for one year or so....first thought that they(beam) wouldn't last long if they're offering this crazy speeds...and then came to know through MG that speed doesnt cost..only data costs.! >.> stupid ISPs..greedy bastards....was suffering from 2 years.!! >.

hmmmmm then why are airtel and reliance not responding...?!

Well, like I said, unlike Beam and Fivenet they're not a "small" regional ISP - they're big and cumbersome organizations.

actually reliance responded by upgrading their plans..but still they are sh!t compared to beam...

If by "upgrade" you mean "added an FUP", then yeah. But Reliance have had 10 & 20mbit/s plans for a while if you're fortunate enough to be near their metro-ethernet networks - they're just a bit expensive (20GB for Rs2999 I think it was)... but their main consumer offerings have been hovering in the 0.6-2mbit/s range for a couple of years now.

and also saw on some other thread that airtel officials are doing nothing abt it..!!

They've upgraded their FUPs, but that's about it. Being that they offer "up to" 4mbit/s, they're the only nationwide ISP that I can think of who offer anything more than 2mbit/s on a large scale to consumers, but I reckon if they opened up the pipes and just billed based on data or FUP alone, it would not only simplify the options for the consumers (thus simplifying billing), but it make them the fastest widely available ISP in the country, and the average Airtel customer I reckon would probably get somewhere between 12 and 16mbit/s depending on the condition of his line and distance from the DSLAM.

hmmmmmmmm...well am getting my promised speeds and already half limit to FUP completed....: D hope this stays like this for one year or so....

Excellent. The only negative thing I've really heard about Beam is that their connection doesn't work when it rains (at least from some Beam subscribers I've heard this - it might be due to bad wiring in those cases), but I must say that when I was in Hyderabad in April, I did use a Beam connection and it wasn't half bad.

first thought that they(beam) wouldn't last long if they're offering this crazy speeds...and then came to know through MG that speed doesnt cost..only data costs.! >.> stupid ISPs..greedy bastards....was suffering from 2 years.!! >.<

Beam have been around for a while, and I haven't heard any whispers that they're for sale or anything like that (unlike some other ISPs), so while I can't guarantee the financial integrity of the company (haven't not seen their financial statements) there's probably no reason for concern.

i admit beam has the pathetiestic Customer care on earth!! >| but ..am getting the promised speeds..(8~9.5 mbps for 10 mbps package) ....so am happy!! :D

actually yesterday when it was raining like hell...i got promised speeds.....until half an hour through that rain...power went off....and beam doesnt work without power in the area...unlike BS?NL whose adapter is connected to my ups which has 45 min power capacity!! :3BTW i appeal to MG to start your ISP as soon as possible...so that hayai fivenet and beam can knock some sense into the "BIG" ISPs....especially BSNL...coz there are many friends in my village where only BSnl is present..!!and MY GOD..the max speed i saw there was 6~7 KBits.....was in hell for the 2 weeks i went last year!! :L

Being that they offer "up to" 4mbit/s, they're the only nationwide ISP that I can think of who offer anything more than 2mbit/s on a large scale to consumers............
That 4mbit/s thingi exist only in advertisements, at least for Hyderabad im confident, as listening about some 8mbps plan form them i called Airtel couple of days back.
they are totaly clueless about such plan & informed the highest plan available is 2mbps. they were giving me 20% flat discount too if i rejoin them :P

4mbps does not exist in large areas of gurgaon as well. noticed on my twitter stream too a couple of folks applied for the 2099 4mbps plan and were told that their area is not covered.

...and beam doesnt work without power in the area..
Strange.. Or might be Im lucky.
i am getting Internet even there in no power (i have backup of a little over an hour)

Back