How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,697
I've the CPE box installed at my place it works without power for more than half-an-hour... and did even while it was raining...
I knw for sure that the CPE has a UPS backup for sometime...

The distribution CPE box of Beam does has a battery backup and it is supposed to give a backup of 3 hrs......... and what is this new it does not work in Rain....... here it works without any problems...... and even when there is power outages.

and and..why am not getting speeds on torrents..!? direct download always rocks around 1MB/s but here....
http://anony.ws/pt-N06Q.html
it has good number of seeds and leechers!! :|

and and..why am not getting speeds on torrents..!? direct download always rocks around 1MB/s but here....

Turn off DHT.

And then don't complain that your ISP only gives you 70% of the speed for what appears to be piracy versus near 100% for (presumably) legal downloads ;)

It may also be the seeders that you're connected to - you're connected to just 19 out of the 15,000 seeders.

http://anony.ws/pt-N06Q.html

torrents are really erratic wrt speeds. the change is continuous and depends on many many factors. To be simple there is no magic wand by which u can increase speed.
And 300KBps is damn good fr any torrent i guess which has most of the overseas seeders.

quantity doesn't matters, it's the quality of seeders.
and turn off DHT, its was meant for compatibility issues with mainline.

The distribution CPE box of Beam does has a battery backup and it is supposed to give a backup of 3 hrs......... and what is this new it does not work in Rain....... here it works without any problems...... and even when there is power outages.

the moment power goes off...my nets dead..
D: .....now am concerned...maybe i'l just give a call to my local beam guy...

but why does beam connection have US ip address?

If you're seeing the US flag in your Bittorrent, it's not due to the fact that it uses geolocation or IP2country lookups, simply that in some cases the reverse DNS for those IP addresses go to beamtele.com.

Back