How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,697
vikkymath with a 2 Mbps connection you should get even 480p youtube vids without buffering but that is the problem with beam even when I was on 4 Mbps connection youtube vids 480p / 360p used to buffer and make m crazy, it just looks like there connectivity to the US is messed up or as mgcarley suggested they don't have dedicated / priority routes to the US.

I did try various DNS including Beams but it did not help that much.

Depends how long ago you tried this and also what time of the day - peak hours can have a disasterous effect. Or if it was in January last year, there was also some really shoddy routing going on and US speeds were utter shit. Similarly in April. For all we know, Beam may not have had a youtube cache at that time and so performance would have been crap - maybe this is why they chose to get a youtube cache now... Only Beam could have realistically diagnosed and informed you of what problems they may have been experiencing at that time.

I had used beam till the last week of Dec I actually used it for around 4-5 months and during all that time connectivity to US servers not to mention youtube was not that great.

I had used beam till the last week of Dec I actually used it for around 4-5 months and during all that time connectivity to US servers not to mention youtube was not that great.

Yesterday the IBF was down for maintenance and today morning when i woke up, just when i thought of logging in to IBF there was a fiber cut near my place and it took 3 hours to rectify the problem. Connectivity problem is kinda solved by 70%. now the pings are better to US servers.
Pings to Australia are worst now. No wonder i hardly visit a site Hosted by aust servers!

Mathew need ur help:

The last time when u and i saw beam's 100% peering was only from TATA.AS18209 Beam Telecom Pvt Ltd - bgp.he.net
now some new results. can u explain

If any of their private peers are new, then it probably means they've struck a deal in between when you last looked and now. Such is the nature of the internet - things change (and these graphs tend to change AT LEAST daily).

And one of the networks they peer with is... themselves (AS55577). I'm not sure why they peer with IANA. And the other looks to be some kind of movie studio.

But they still buy 100% of their bandwidth off of Tata, as seen by the route propegation graph.

Depends how long ago you tried this and also what time of the day - peak hours can have a disasterous effect. Or if it was in January last year, there was also some really shoddy routing going on and US speeds were utter shit. Similarly in April. For all we know, Beam may not have had a youtube cache at that time and so performance would have been crap - maybe this is why they chose to get a youtube cache now... Only Beam could have realistically diagnosed and informed you of what problems they may have been experiencing at that time.

Problem Solved, They have rectified the problem and the speeds are consistent!
the portal is a bit of concern which logs out for every 8 hours unlike Reliance logs out aftr 24hours.

Overall, Its going good now and worth the money!

https://broadband.forum/beam-telecom-broadband/66117-connectivity-and-pings-beam-cable/#post465477

1. Beam Cable is really worst service. I am also beam customer My account no 164378. Am Paid 1200/- for 3 months, After 45 days they are disconnected service without intimation . The Customer care executive said resolve your problem with in 24 hours, but the problem is not rectified from one week.

Ha ha! Lmao.. Call customer care and ask that executive to transfer the call to floor manager.. U talk to fm at any cost.. Warn him .. He'l solve your problem.. Its funny but works out well

Hello guys today i have upgraded my beam package and i am getting kickass speeds of 15mbps. Still anyone else subscribed to these packages? The speeds are very much consistent for me and i am enjoying the speeds and i hope i dont cross 40 Gb of fup imit or else it will be back to 4mbps.

Please let me know your experience with new beam plans?

https://www.speedtest.net

Back