How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,697
doctormurali nobody can guarantee you the rated speeds of your ISP like 15 Mbps for every site you visit. I personally know this coz I am in this website hosting / creating business for the last 12 years.....

Many host cap the max transfer rate per client it is around 3-4 Mbps for normal sites, we own some dedicated servers and have a cap around 4 Mbps max bandwidth transfer per client as we know the sites hosted on that server are just normal websites and not files hosted for big downloads....... but you should get closed to rated download speeds with servers that are optimized for downloads like Microsoft software downloads, Apple downloads other dedicated software downloading servers and mirror CDN sites where files are exclusively hosted for just downloads and Hi-defination video streaming sites..... another thing that many of us do not realize is that many dedicated servers still come with a cap of 10 Mbps network port which is more than enough for many companies and static sites, you need to pay extra for your dedicated server for 100 Mbps or Gigabit, I have seen many people opting ordering for new servers with a 100 Mbps port these days.

Their services suck I raised an incident for shifting , they have very well crossed their SLA , but no response yet!!! 2264799

Their services suck I raised an incident for shifting , they have very well crossed their SLA , but no response yet!!! 2264799

SLA? ISPs don't give an SLA unless you're buying a leased line.

they said ,they will resolve the issue in 5 to 7 days , and they crossed it , it is violation on SLA

sla? Do you know even what that means? And a leased line service would be like you mentioned above.. People here are only to defame the company more or less..

We should probably show guys the torrent speed. I'm getting 1.7mb/sec in torrents. Its insane totally taking only 3mins to download a tv show.

they said ,they will resolve the issue in 5 to 7 days , and they crossed it , it is violation on SLA

Unfortunately, what some sales or tech support guy says does not really mean squat, much less does it constitute any kind of SLA. This doesn't apply only to Beam, either - it covers any and all providers.

Regrettably, as a consumer you have virtually no rights or recourse unless it's specifically covered under the Consumer Protection Act or various regulations from the DoT and/or TRAI.

From memory, cancellation of services is covered, as is the service being down (5-7 days would be unacceptable downtime according to the regulations), but MOVING services is not because ISPs can only sometimes even guarantee feasibility in the new location for any number of reasons, thanks to the last-mile in India being so fragmented and messed up.

If, however, they gave you something in writing only then are they contractually bound to do anything within a given time period, and if you had an SLA, it would be far less than 5-7 days - probably more like 4 hours except in the event of some major catastrophe (aka "The Act of God" clause).

We should probably show guys the torrent speed. I'm getting 1.7mb/sec in torrents. Its insane totally taking only 3mins to download a tv show.

I am not talking about torrents, in torrents if its is well seeded you should be able to saturate your entire connection, in the earlier post I was trying to educated users that with most of the websites you cannot expect to get 10-15 Mbps download speeds.

I am on 10mbps plan and I got a speed of 1 to 1.2mbps on torrents... (I used the word 'got' because I used the FUP limit of 30GB in less than 24hrs.. now imagine the speed )...

I am not talking about torrents, in torrents if its is well seeded you should be able to saturate your entire connection, in the earlier post I was trying to educated users that with most of the websites you cannot expect to get 10-15 Mbps download speeds.

I agree.. I tried many file hosting servers and none of the downloads from any of these server hits 400kbps... To verify the download speed I made sure that I was using internet only for that particular download...
I also heard this cap (like the wait period) is applicable based on region as well... and not just the free vs paid usage...

Back