How to update Reliance Jio Airfiber firmware?

• Thread starter Thread starter aneeq00
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 13,334
3 as of now.
2 of them are idle..
1 am using.
All are in 4 ft distance (in the same room)

Upvote 0
Well I guess that’s what we get for a ISP provider router? I mean the market isn’t exactly brimming with choices either? I wouldn’t want to use a TP-Link? I mean anything coming out to China especially for network stuff? But then again I could be a tin foil hat wearing looney… I am seriously debating getting a Tata Play Fiber as a primary and use this as a backup until the 6 months run out… any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Tbh wireless broadband cant come anywhere close to fixedline broadband.
You never had to get Jio Airfiber in the first place. Its worst of the last resort. Get TPF and get this unncessary hassle end.

First its about the reliability, then low data and now this shitty automatic rebooting.

Upvote 0
@Skeeter Man - the hopes were there though, 5G was really promised to be something which is great. But I guess we would only get glorified 5G compared to True 5G peeps get in the states or EU? Jio was promising with their 5G roll out, but I guess the backbone just couldn’t handle the congestion or increased traffic.. I had ACT fiber before this, it wasn’t any better bud - the constant need for logging in to that shitty - cutting speeds at the most messed up times - ACT takes the cake for dog shit of ISPs.

Upvote 0
Dont expect the same deployment of 5G in EU and India. Most of the things run in India on jugaad. Also look at our population density.
You had ACT Fiber or that shitty ethernet one?
If Tata or Airtel is available, get it. If not, I am sure Excitel would be available. I would not recommend Excitel, but it works great for the time it works, also there's no FUP on Excitel, purely unlimited.

Upvote 0
@Skeeter My Area had only the RJ45 jack coming in from the splitter, not sure if that had a fiber connection. But it really was terrible. I will probably head to TPF in coming month.

Upvote 0
I have ACT connection and it’s very stable and performant. Absolutely rock solid, I configured using ppoe so there is no need to login. I’m from Bangalore so it depends on area

Upvote 0
Finally i have requested my old alliance lco to give the connection again.
He will charge 1500 for splicing+ end mile optical fibre+ gigabit onu. For plan i have to pay extra.
Alliance broadband is mostly stable accross the Kolkata and 140 mbps for 6 months will only cost me 3300 with gst.

Thank you jio Airfibre for your pathetic service and major disconnection during my client meeting.

Jio ❌❌❌❌

Upvote 0

Back