Huawei UMG1831 speed upto 28.8 Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter mountk2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 27,255
I'm the one who lost UMG1831 IMEI after updating to k4505 firmware and back to original firmware... Better not to update with 4505 firmware... :(

I'm the one who lost UMG1831 IMEI after updating to k4505 firmware and back to original firmware... Better not to update with 4505 firmware... :(

hii smnrock : Y don't u send the modem for replacement. Sometimes, the seller might replace urs with a new one...!! From whr did u buy the modem ??

@mountk2: the snapshot what u r showing to us & the speed what u r claiming is the hardware capacity, it doesnt mean that u r getting that much speed always. but it just supports speed upto 28.8mbps.... i am using Huawei UMG181 & with download manager i get speed upto 750kbps sometimes it reaches upto 890kbps....infact, the tower near u should be upgraded so that it gives u 28.8 mbps constantly.... & u should get a download speed of 3.6mbps incase if u r lucky & getting 28.8mbps....let me give u an example, speedometer in a car has the numbering upto 180kmph or 220 kmph depends on the car.... it doesnt necessarily mean that u r always driving at 180kmph unless ur engine supports that much speed.....i hope u got my point.... what u r showing is the hardware maximum.... not the actual current speed what u r getting....

hii smnrock : Y don't u send the modem for replacement. Sometimes, the seller might replace urs with a new one...!! From whr did u buy the modem ??
I bought it from theitbazaar.com (seller in techenclave)... will he replace?

I bought it from theitbazaar.com (seller in techenclave)... will he replace?
Ya... i know dat guy...!! Even I purchased my 3G modem from him. He is from chandigarh... nd is very co-operative.
Just call him.... nd tell him... dat there's some problem with your data card. He might replace it.... coz he provides 6months seller warranty.

@mountk2: the snapshot what u r showing to us & the speed what u r claiming is the hardware capacity, it doesnt mean that u r getting that much speed always. but it just supports speed upto 28.8mbps.... i am using Huawei UMG181 & with download manager i get speed upto 750kbps sometimes it reaches upto 890kbps....

infact, the tower near u should be upgraded so that it gives u 28.8 mbps constantly.... & u should get a download speed of 3.6mbps incase if u r lucky & getting 28.8mbps....

let me give u an example, speedometer in a car has the numbering upto 180kmph or 220 kmph depends on the car.... it doesnt necessarily mean that u r always driving at 180kmph unless ur engine supports that much speed.....

i hope u got my point.... what u r showing is the hardware maximum.... not the actual current speed what u r getting....

I endorse your comments fully. 1st day itself I want to point out that.

The reason is some times people will reply with clever meanings for the disputed words. Hence restrained.

........and also i got speed upto 28.8 mbps......
" Yes I mean only the upgraded speed of my modem " ..They may claim.

From your posting I can confirm the expressions of those words.

My own K4505 modem also displays 28.8Mbps, where as I am getting only 3.6Mbps speeds due to tower limitations.

Similarly my desktop WiFi network card shows 54Mbps ( to communicate with the router ) but my BBand plan is 512Kbps only.

Just be satisfied with 21 mbps and stop destroying your modems.

Agree with Hok on the same i have clearly mentioned the after effects of upgrading 1831 with k4505 firmware. If still you go ahead and do it please be prepared for repercussions.

Ya... i know dat guy...!! Even I purchased my 3G modem from him. He is from chandigarh... nd is very co-operative.
Just call him.... nd tell him... dat there's some problem with your data card. He might replace it.... coz he provides 6months seller warranty.
I sent an mail to him and in-reply he is asking me to update to 4505 firmware and it will solve... :( I've mailed him saying... i did the same mistake and please dont suggest same thing to anyone else :)

I sent an mail to him and in reply he is asking me to update to 4505 firmware and it will solve... :( I've mailed him saying... i did the same mistake and please dont suggest same thing to anyone else :)

What did he say about the replacement ? Just try to have a talk with him...!! R u gonna lose ur 3000 bucks??

Back