India - Australia One Day International series 2009

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 238
  • Views Views 22,932
well if my intuition is correct, ODIs would suddenly become more interesting with a couple of close matches in the coming months. ICC strategy.

when jadeja walked to bat sachin was expecting that he can get 200 runs himself but jadeja hit 2 fours in previous over which dampned sachin's hope of it so he played rash shot and out Aka Misbah haq.:happy:

Getting caught at fine leg makes that a rash stroke?

Both of the said batsmen have had success with that particular stroke.

it was not a rash stroke. it was a badly judged stroke. the ball was slow. he misjudged it. and got out at a crucial point. period. india lost. and his 175 remains worthless for the team. though, he is still dominating the headlines for his 'feat'.

it was not a rash stroke. it was a badly judged stroke. the ball was slow. he misjudged it. and got out at a crucial point. period.

Absolutely, it was pre-meditated.

india lost. and his 175 remains worthless for the team. though, he is still dominating the headlines for his 'feat'.

I do believe he did all he could have done for the team, Jadeja should have got them home.

heh. he has spent more than a decade with this team which has a history of losing matches due to weak tail. he was the man destined to do the job in this particular game. he was so close. i came here and posted that india is actually going to win this game. and then, tsunami struck. it was a big shame in the end. jadeja i think was playing his first match? bhajji should have been the man doing the job. but then no one is going to blame him. he is a bowler in the end. what a convenient life these guys have. win a few matches and all the sins are forgiven.

heh. he has spent more than a decade with this team which has a history of losing matches due to weak tail.

he was the man destined to do the job in this particular game. he was so close. i came here and posted that india is actually going to win this game. and then, tsunami struck.

it was a big shame in the end.

jadeja i think was playing his first match? bhajji should have been the man doing the job. but then no one is going to blame him. he is a bowler in the end.

what a convenient life these guys have. win a few matches and all the sins are forgiven.

It wasn't Jadeja's first game, and he was the same guy who was responsible for India's loss against England in ICC World T20.

It's true that India's tail usually chokes, but Tendulkar probably had a different approach. Had he got a way with that, all the pressure would have gotten off India. You can't expect one man to win you the game. If you have bowlers who give away 300+ too frequently and last 3 wickets(with Jadeja) can't knock off 19 runs, then the bowlers or the lower order are ones to be blamed.

alright. he has played eight one day internationals i see. Ravindra Jadeja | India Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

----------

as for tendulkar, i think we do expect him to win a match on his own ONCE IN A WHILE.

i do not think we have many consistent performers. look at sehwag. he would suck in a couple of matches and then he would come up with a big score.

same is the case with tendulkar nowadays.

his first four matches were well a flop. he shone in this one. and the match was lost.

we might have to wait for another 9-10 matches before we see a big knock from him if we follow the law of probabilities (esp with respect to indian cricket team).

with 2 matches remaining... it would be a surprise if he has another good knock left in him in this series.

but he has a tendency to do surprisingly well against the aussies.

and the team they are playing in this series... is well pretty weak.

i do not watch much cricket so almost every bowler in the australia lineup was like a fresh face for me.

in fact it looked like india was playing against a club side when sachin was hitting around the stadium :)

except for ponting, everything was practically unknown. :D

I would have to agree with you. The Aussie team playing without Lee, Siddle, Johnson & Bracken (i hope you've heard of them) does look weak. Sehwag is really inconsistent, but Sachin's averaging 44+, so I think that's a bit on his side. If India are to win, they need to bowl well, just how can you expect the batters to chase down big scores every other game?

i know about lee and bracken :D oh well indian bowling lineup was well much more recognized in comparison to australia :) so its good for australia that they managed to contain india despite their messed up lineup.

Back