India - Australia One Day International series 2009

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 238
  • Views Views 22,932
i know about lee and bracken :D

oh well indian bowling lineup was well much more recognized in comparison to australia :)

so its good for australia that they managed to contain india despite their messed up lineup.

I believe all the six domestic sides in Australia have better bowlers than the Indian team :P

i was more saying about the on-paper strength. like they say... a sachin tendulkar and virender sehwag opening lineup is probably the strongest one in the world. :) but in real life, they are going to fail pretty often.

Sehwag is highly over-rated, and Sachin's end can't be far away.But, I don't think there's any problem there, batting looks pretty good and scoring 347 isn't an easy job.If they improve their bowling & fielding, they can be the best, which I'm sure they wouldn't do.

Sachin's end can't be far away.

i am not sure how long i have been hearing that. :) anyways, that day would arrive probably after the next world cup.

as for sehwag, he has not matured with so many years under his belt now. but he has the support from BCCI so he stays.

scoring 347 is not an easy job. but you have to do it if you allow the opposition to score 350.

also remember that when we were growing up, any score above 220-230 was good enough for one day international matches.

things have changed. 300 is no longer a safe score. 350 is now a rather safe score but of course achievable.

as for the indian cricket team in general... they are overcompensated. if their salaries and position in the team is linked to performance, i guess there would be some improvement.

almost all the players take their position for granted in the team. one good match and you are safe for at least 5.

the fun would be there when the match fees is cut for losses. especially losses like these when you lose a match which you should have won.

most of them of course make more from endorsements but if their position in the team is also connected to their performance... i guess they would take the game little bit more seriously.

and most brands usually have it in their contracts... stay out of the team for a particular time period and the contract cancels by itself.

i am not sure how long i have been hearing that. :) anyways, that day would arrive probably after the next world cup.
Yeah, he would surely be there for the 2011 World Cup.

scoring 347 is not an easy job. but you have to do it if you allow the opposition to score 350.

That's what I'm talking about, allowing the opposition to score big runs every game has been the problem for some time. I don't see any good fast bowler in India. Guys like Ishant Sharma are butthurts really.

as for the indian cricket team in general... they are overcompensated. if their salaries and position in the team is linked to performance, i guess there would be some improvement.

I don't think that would make much difference, as they get most of their $$ out of advertisements.

as they get most of their $$ out of advertisements.

already talked about that in my post. the contracts with brands are usually connected to their stay in the team.

pepsi and coke i think requires the player to be in the national team in the most recent 6 months.

and this is probably the reason these douches play matches even if they are injured. because they have to complete the formalities.

in the end, they play matches to keep their contracts alive. when it should be the other way around.

heh. i just remember raina from that stupid engine oil ad where he is driving a motorcycle. the other guy says oooh suresh raina!if i meet him on the streets, i would probably not even recognize him.

Haa, seems like Mr.Dhoni gonna loose this series..

India 72/5

----------

Ha Ha.. Dhoni & Harbhaja out.. India at 75/7, Now lets see what Dhoni's fav Mr.jadejs does.

These guys made my sunday !

Back