India Tour of Australia 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 560
  • Views Views 43,253
It is how you maintain the fitness... Robin Singh was much fitter at 37-38 than some of the younger guys (28-32 age) playing with him.

Yup because he lived most of his life in the Caribbean ... Anyhow even Azhar was fit .. but 90% of India players over 35 arent fit compared to other nations .. See Jayasuriya who played till 42 how amazingly fit he was ..

He moved to India at the age of 18 and made his debut for India at 26, got dropped after a game or two & then came back into the team at 33. so by the time he was brought back he had spent 15 years in India playing for TamilNadu.. So can accept to what you say to a certain extent only.

But i agree to that point by Gaurang.....Our test players get rusty after the long breaks they get.But in this case, there is some rift in the team i guess. Even during the WI series, it appeared that our team played well. But it seems that the WI played so bad, that these creases & cracks within our team didnt get noticed then. If this team was at its full, they wud have knocked off the 240 odd target against WI on that final day.And even the 290 odd target against Australia at Melbourne......theres something wrong amongst the players i think.I heard on some news channels, that Sunny made a comment or 2 on this point, but then didnt get time to listen to more details of it. If Sunny has made a comment, there has to b something in it.Coz even if he is a "Paid agent" of BCCI, then i guess he shudnt have disclosed this secret. So in my view, if he has said, there has to b something in it.

LEts look forward for the next match...

----------

Kohli should be dropped and rohit shd be brought in...

What ever changes we make...the series is scripted its going to be 4-0...the media channels shd rename the series from Thunder DownUnder to Blunder Downunder....

----------

Seriously now i feel the importance of Captain Ganguly....He was a very good test captain....Dhoni is a very good captain too but i would say he good in ODI's and T20's and he is applying the same thoughts in Test MAtches...

This is 'Agneepath Series" and Aussie are roasting 'Team India" like Christmas Turkey :)

One change is for certain for next test match ie Rohit Sharma replacing Virat Kohli ...

----------

How India misses Pravin Kumar he would be much better than Ishant Sharma ...

Back