Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,999
138/6 .. Dhoni Duck!

Comment from Cricinfo

"Does Raina's nephew has anything to say about this gutless, characterless performance by this star studded Indian team?" I'm not sure he's got his iPhone to hand, Hassan Asrar

Just a matter of time now. Another pathetic performance by India. Only Sehwag and Tendulkar got good balls, the rest have got out fiddling outside the off-stump i.e Gambhir, Dhoni. And what was the need for Gambhir to go for a tight single and run put Pujara in the process? Pujara was the one who would have batted 3-4 sessions like he did in the 1st test. In a crooked way I think that its good that we are losing to England at home. I mean, at least this defeat should wake up BCCI and bring about changes in the way our domestic cricket is organised. Sporting pitches are needed in domestic cricket which will test the players. Not the current batting paradises where even an ordinary player like R. Jadeja scores triple tons. But if this defeat doesnt wake up our administrators then nothing will. Mr. Srinivasan had said after our 4-0 defeat by Australia "let them come here"! Now Maybe he will want to rethink a bit. And to top it all he has blamed the curator of Eden Gardens for providing a substandard pitch. One on which England scored 500+ runs! This blinkered attitude and excessive focus on IPL is what has led to the current situation.

Dude, this BCCI man. Why would they wanna wake up? Why would they wanna stop the process in money making? Money is much more important to these people than anything else. My god the performance of Dhoni??!! I think he should retire before Sachin does. Wouldn't be surprised if MSD blames the curator.

Why are Kohli and Ashwin playing slow man?

This will not help. Playing careful does not mean completely slow down.

Going for draw is no more option. 4 wickets are going to fall anyway by tomorrow lunch.

We need runs on board. We should atleast get lead of 150 somehow (by miracle) if we even have chance.

Dude, this BCCI man. Why would they wanna wake up? Why would they wanna stop the process in money making? Money is much more important to these people than anything else. My god the performance of Dhoni??!! I think he should retire before Sachin does. Wouldn't be surprised if MSD blames the curator.

Money will come only as long as performance is there. IF we begin losing repeatedly no one will watch the game. And all the telecast rights and sponsorship income will dwindle. Even a die-hard fan of cricket like me doesnt want to watch it anymore. And I am sure millions more like me are disgusted with the current situation. If BCCI thinks that money will come no matter how the team performs then they will have a rude wake up call soon.

Nobody will care about these defeats sadly.. Let India lose to Pak in T20 and ODIs and then see the noise .. Anyhow Indias ODI and T 20 teams are good so they should hopefully not fare like this ... This series is gone infact we will be thrashed more badly in Nagpur if some changes arent made .. 3 changes that come to mind are dropping Yuvraj and giving chance to say Rahane and getting a legspinner in for Ashwin/Ojha and Dropping Ishant and getting Yadav back if hes fit or then Dinda ..

As far as Aussie series is concerned India will do better and ill tell u why .. Aussies arent good players of spin .. They are without Ponting and only 2 senior batters ie Clarke and Hussey play spin well .. Watson and Warner are a very big threat also but Englands batting was always more formidable with Cook, Pietersen, Trott , Bell etc ..

Im not saying Aussies will be run over but India should do better .. Plus Aussies have no spinners in their ranks .. Nathon Lyon is hardly a spinner and should not trouble Indian batters at all .. Aussies pacers are good and ill still rate them slightly lower than Englands .. Aussie pacers who can threaten India are Starc/ Pattinson / Siddle and Cummins if he comes to India ie ..

Now lets just hope and pray India can avoid a inevitable defeat at Nagpur by ringing in some very important changes ...

Money will come only as long as performance is there. IF we begin losing repeatedly no one will watch the game. And all the telecast rights and sponsorship income will dwindle. Even a die-hard fan of cricket like me doesnt want to watch it anymore. And I am sure millions more like me are disgusted with the current situation. If BCCI thinks that money will come no matter how the team performs then they will have a rude wake up call soon.

Very very good point but my friend BCCI themselves dont care for test cricket else they would have started taking drastic steps when they knew that Laxman / Dravid and Tendlya were in their twilight .. Now unfortunately we are left in such a situation that we have to bank on youngsters .. If they had phased the 3 out in a systematic manner rather than letting the big 3 decide what they want to do Indias test team could have been better ..

BCCI will be shaken up when India starts losing in T20 and in ODIs because thats where the big money comes in .. Big Crowds plus more ad revenues in these 2 formats ... Till then R.I.P Indian test team ....

Scary, this is gettin really really scary. Again an Overseas fast bowler dominating in the sub continent. About fcukin time the selectors do something about this miserable downfall

Back