MTNL Broadband: Internet getting disconnected for 1 minute every few hours?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 169
  • Views Views 33,522
Last night was really bad. I was chatting with friends in different parts of Mumbai & we all had DC at the same time :O so it seems to be a major FU. In fact one of my friends remembered the old 'April Problems' :iomg: we has some years ago

I think I better go back to Hathway...atleast it doesn't disconnect in this manner

the DNA Modem is a problematic nd sasta device..i had many similar prblms with it which i never had with D-Link or utstarcom dat were earlier provided by mtnl..

I just spoke to some guy in the Byculla Exchange and he confirmed it's a line fault. Now I have to contact the head there. But he won't pick up his phone.

The guy has come to my house and is changing the wires coming to the phone line from outside the house.Update: New wires have been put. 2 hours pass and the same disconnection for a minute or two. The IP address ping is just fine which means this is not the regular 6 hours disconnect. The lineman guaranteed me that the problem will be solved by change of wires. I even paid Rs. 250 for the same to the guy.Now what??? :(

As mentioned in post #10, I got DC just now. :( & it happened to my friends too just like yesterday. But the funny part is it is not reflected in MTNL records for yesterday.

Actually, I am also getting DC from yesterday. Speed was pathetic yesterday, Today again dc happening? Any other Mumbai users facing similar issues? or the net is slow? Post your responses.

As mentioned in post #10, I got DC just now. :( & it happened to my friends too just like yesterday. But the funny part is it is not reflected in MTNL records for yesterday.

Even I got DC at the same time you posted this. That means there is no problem from my end and the lineman unnecessarily charged me Rs. 250 and changed my wires.

It looks like everyone gets DC together. What can the problem be?? What are we supposed to do??

Actually, I am also getting DC from yesterday. Speed was pathetic yesterday, Today again dc happening? Any other Mumbai users facing similar issues? or the net is slow? Post your responses.

The net is not really slow. What happens is the net completely disconnects for 30 seconds to 2 minutes every now and then. If you are just browsing, you will not realise the disconnect mostly. However, if you are on Yahoo Messenger/etc. OR playing an online game, you will easily see that the application gets disconnected and then reconnects.

If you still have not written to the GM/DGM yet please do so. Changing the wire is the first step in the problem solving riddle, it need not be the last. I have mentioned it elsewhere in this forum that with any major complaint they ALWAYS, first suspect the wiring/parallel lines. If that does not solve the problem then the suspicion shifts to the server side.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Got DC again 2037 hrs :( wtf is happening ping is normal & modem does show DC. And this is happening to all my friends on MTNL Triband in Mumbai.

Jan 1 12:00:22> DSL Carrier is down
Jan 1 12:01:22> DSL Carrier is up
Jan 1 12:01:23> pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Jan 1 12:01:23> Unexpected packet: Ether addr: 00:90:1a:41:78:5c (PPPOE Discovery) PPPoE hdr: ver=0x1 type=0x1 code=0x07 sid=0x0000 length=0x002d (PADO) PPPoE tag: type=0102 length=0009 (AC Name) data (UTF-8): BRAS-PRBD PPPoE tag: type=0103 length=000
Jan 1 12:01:23> Unexpected packet: Ether addr: 00:90:1a:41:78:1f (PPPOE Discovery) PPPoE hdr: ver=0x1 type=0x1 code=0x07 sid=0x0000 length=0x002d (PADO) PPPoE tag: type=0102 length=0009 (AC Name) data (UTF-8): BRAS-PRBD PPPoE tag: type=0103 length=000
Jan 1 12:01:23> Unexpected packet: Ether addr: 00:90:1a:41:7c:fc (PPPOE Discovery) PPPoE hdr: ver=0x1 type=0x1 code=0x07 sid=0x0000 length=0x002d (PADO) PPPoE tag: type=0102 length=0009 (AC Name) data (UTF-8): BRAS-PRBD PPPoE tag: type=0103 length=000

Looks like Prabhadevi is the problem. Those who are getting DC please check your modem log & see if you have a similar message.

Getting disconnected every now and then, and reconnects automatically, Whats happening? Updates needed from more Mumbai users.

:@WTF is happening. Getting DC many times started from day before but then it was just 1 in a day now its many times in i minute :( :O

Back