• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 229
  • Views Views 24,733

Tejas01

Dream big in life.
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
This will be my first washing machine and I am truly clueless what should I look for. Need your help with some pointers. Following are some details if they help.

1. Top load machine for a family of two.
2. Weight- between 6-7 kg. I mean I don't know. Will 7 kg be too much for 2 people. We will be primarily using it for washing heavy clothes like bedsheets, curtains, recron pillows. I was thinking of getting 6.5 kgs if in case there is extra load. 7 kg just to be extra safe.
3. Which brand to look for? No idea. LG seems fine. Any brand which has a better service record. I have had bad experiences with big brands like Sony, Hitachi, IFB. So will be avoiding them. Samsung, LG have been good for me. My 2002 Samsung refrigerator still going strong.
4. Most important- I live in an area where the issue of corrosion is significant. So any company which offers durable electronics will be preferred.(Seems LG already got a head start here with corrosion proof and inverter tech.)
5. Availability of spare parts.
6. I live on 4th floor and the main water tank is on the 8th floor(terrace). So I am assuming there shouldn't be any issue with water pressure. In summers it may create some problem when water supply is reduced.
7. Budget 15,000-18,000.
8. Can i get a heater in top load models? From what I searched for, didn't find any.
What are the other things I need to look for? Do I need to get a wheel tray? I mean I am looking at a possibility that I might have to move the machine during summers when water supply and pressure is low.
What are the demerits of not having the required water pressure?

We are thinking to buy a fully automatic front load washing machine. We are more inclined towards LG brand as we already have one LG Semi automatic washing machine which has been working for last 10-12 years. We are a family of 4. As our current washing machine is 6.5kg capacity, I am thinking the 7kg model will be enough for us. I will buy locally from the store. After browsing LG and reliance digital website these 2 models suit our budget (around 30k):

LG 7.0 kg 5 Star Inverter Touch Control Fully-Automatic Front Load Washing Machine with Heater (FHM1207SDL, Silver, 6 Motion Direct Drive)

LG 7.0 kg 5 Star Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine with In-built Heater Silver (FHM1207ZDL)

I have limited idea about these technologies mentioned, If anyone currently using, can give some suggestions it would very helpful. Thinking to buy during this festive period.

Upvote 0
second model seems to have more modes. apart from that they look pretty similar to each other 🤔

Upvote 0
I might get another machine for my new location but this would be a top load given the cost constraints. Which model and brand would you suggest? Budget around 20k, single person.

Upvote 0
@Tejas01 Our last w/m was a LG but within 2 yrs its gearbox started making a weird sound, when the service technician came they would not admit it was a manufacturing defect. He gave us some BS that it can safely be ignored as machine is working. As I expected it became worse. Finally in the third year we had to get rid of it as the spin cycle started with a horrendous scream. Then we bought our current piece. For reasons already mentioned above.
I am having this exact same problem with my whirlpool top load. It makes a really loud sound continusly on spin cycle but it washes the clothes fines and silently, Whirlpool service people say they have to change the entitre gearbox and that will cost 7k. I bought the machine for 13k. Maybe someone could help me?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice, but Samsung has high spider failure rates making it a liability after 2-3 years.

Upvote 0
You won't be using steam on a daily basis. Hot water around 30-40C would be needed for getting a good wash.
While availability of steam feature would naturally mean there is a provision for hot water, but you would be better off cross checking it. You don't want any last moment surprises.

Upvote 0

Back