New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with Symmetric Speeds (starts at 30mbps for Rs. 399)

New plans launched by Jiofiber with symmetric speeds

New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with symmetric speeds

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
To my understanding, Jio has given an opportunity for existing silver customers to recharge with existing plan and still migrate to Gold plan saving 180 rupees per month (Considering you are recharging quarterly) and you also save 400 rupees, if you have citi bank credit card.

Not influencing anyone, just my opinion.
My Silver plan expired today. Should i recharge now and expect an upgrade or wait for new plans that are getting updated tomorrow ?

Wait for new plans mate!

I have already recharged with semi annual silver plan 3 days ago and availed the Citibank offer. Can someone please tell me if I can do another 6 month recharge of silver plan now and still get the upgrade to 999 gold plan ?
I think you can recharge. Because anyways they will have to upgrade you as per the new plans. So you will be saving around 177 per month if you recharge now (current silver is 849 and new gold is 999). Plus you get one extra month with the semi-annual plan.
But I feel we should wait for the new plans. Because they too might have some long term benefits on semi-annual and annual recharges. Also recharging with the new gold plan gives you Amazon Prime subscription which you won't get on upgrading from old silver.

PS: Citi bank offer is once per customer. So that is also out of question.

Can somebody explain to me how the OTT Apps would work? Say I get Netflix and Prime with the 1499 plan, can I use these sites on multiple devices or only on Jio Set Top Box?

I am pretty sure that Netflix will be limited to the set top box only, as none of the OTT apps requires any kind of login while using a jio set top box. The authentication is done from jio side using hardware ID.

I have mentioned here in detail which all apps can be accessed on other devices. Cannot comment on Amazon Prime or Netflix because I don't have those.

I need to get a net connection and was also thinking of getting an android box. Had called Airtel just now but going to wait I guess. We have Jio, Airtel, Hathway, ACT here, and Jio doesn't seem to be good quality. I think at least ACT can provide their 4k set top box with 999 plan but I don't think they can provide as many OTT services. Airtel box only works with their Dish service and is not as good as ACT box, but atleast I think they will reduce prices and provide OTT

Back