New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with Symmetric Speeds (starts at 30mbps for Rs. 399)

New plans launched by Jiofiber with symmetric speeds

New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with symmetric speeds

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought.

A lot of ISP are already providing cheap broadband via lco, these plans are good but nothing sort of like mobile pricing revolution. There is not a lot of scope to again pull a jio 4g.

People who only have jio in remote places or anywhere this is good news for them. Airtel act and other isp which didn't cared for local isp cheap plans, why would they care so much about jio cheap plans? Jio will become another affordable ISP. If other companies cared so much for new customers they should have invested in infrastructure and introduced plans like excitel. But but...they decide to keep milking existing customers. For example airtel which is still running on copper despite a demand for fiber. Act with their fake FUP.
Etc.
But with onset of jio 4g others have slashed their rooftop 4g prices to jio levels. I think its is possible with wired segment also .we can expect more or less similar plans with other isps atleast tier 1 like bsnl and airtel. Till now the biggers isps have not taken consideration of the smaller isps is due to their less geodensity when u compare it as a whole so overall their revenue is not affected that much but jio the case is different in all aspects

My Jio 4G sim has around 20-25Mbps down, 5-6Mbps up. It’s more reliable than BSNL FTTH. If I were on a super important call where I can’t afford a disconnect at all, I would choose Jio 4G over BSNL 100Mbps fiber.

mobile signal strength/bandwidth and the corresponding end user experience varies drastically from 1 location to another in India so it's kinda pointless arguing about this (case in point I get barely 1 bar and less than 1 mbps with huge latency and packet loss in my home) :confused:
Yes location is relevant. However, hardware is also relevant. At the same location, with Jiofi, I used to get about 1-2 mbps upload and 7-8 mbps download.

But with onset of jio 4g others have slashed their rooftop 4g prices to jio levels. I think its is possible with wired segment also .we can expect more or less similar plans with other isps atleast tier 1 like bsnl and airtel. Till now the biggers isps have not taken consideration of the smaller isps is due to their less geodensity when u compare it as a whole so overall their revenue is not affected that much but jio the case is different in all aspects
With local ISPs, one gets what they pay for. Reliability is terrible, speed and latency aren’t consistent. Tier 1 and other big ISPs (except BSNL maybe) provide much better service for more money. Now that Jio has reduced prices so much is significant because it’s at par with top ISPs in quality and brand and charges much less.

@pachabhut yes CA and MIMO definitely help if you have decent signal strength to begin with ...even the most expensive hardware cannot compensate for a -110 to -120 dBm signal :confused:

Weird. Mine has been fine (touchwood), from Day 1. They had this nationwide issue for 24 hours or so, but they comped and gave extra voucher for that.
I have the box, but connected to a FHD TV. I can move it to my 4K TV, but possibly tomorrow or day after.
Let me know a laundry list of things you want to know, and I will see what the box tells me.
It was quite a while ago so don't know how it is now.
You can try to get what SoC the box has using some app from play store(like aida64). Or if you can sideload the app if it doesn't even have play store

No Play Store @r19, and since last year or so no sideloading allowed either. A recent update even wiped sideloaded apps that people had managed to install a long time ago.

Just a small update. I opened the MyJio app to check whether the new plans were available for recharge. They are not there, but under Combo plan (where 199 plan is available), there's a new section of "other plans", where they are giving a complimentary (rs. 0) voucher of 100 GB valid till 4th September (plan details mentions 4th September, 2019, which I'm guessing is a typing error).

This is probably meant for people whose plans are expiring before 5th September.

EDIT: Somehow, I wasn't able to complete the transaction. It is giving an error. Others can check if they are able to receive the complimentary 100 GB voucher.

Back