New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with Symmetric Speeds (starts at 30mbps for Rs. 399)

New plans launched by Jiofiber with symmetric speeds

New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with symmetric speeds

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
@r19 What do you mean by Jio doesn't seem to be good quality ? The service ? The 4k box ?
My neighbour installed it and said the net connection wasn't good quality (wasn't reliable I think) so after some time they went back to ACT.
I would also like to know the Jio 4k box specs, I can find Airtel and ACT box specs but not of Jio
Edit: Also I think ACT might not have capacity to handle so much data if they try to match Jio offer + OTT

@pachabhut 94% population in India is surviving on mobile data for internet access.

So what's your point ? Mobile network doesn't have speed and network issues ? There is no need for wired internet?

My neighbour installed it and said the net connection wasn't good quality (wasn't reliable I think) so after some time they went back to ACT.
I would also like to know the Jio 4k box specs, I can find Airtel and ACT box specs but not of Jio
Weird. Mine has been fine (touchwood), from Day 1. They had this nationwide issue for 24 hours or so, but they comped and gave extra voucher for that.
I have the box, but connected to a FHD TV. I can move it to my 4K TV, but possibly tomorrow or day after.
Let me know a laundry list of things you want to know, and I will see what the box tells me.

Got this "Congratulations! We are upgrading your current JioFiber plan with UNLIMITED INTERNET @ 100 Mbps (download speed = upload speed) on 5th Sep.Team Jio"
Am on bronze plan, paid for one year 😒. Will have to see what else comes my way!!!!

What was their alibi ? Why were they fighting it ?
Problem with Jio is they do not provide information to their CS executives. Those poor chap take beating from us guys just because lack of knowledge. First they were not ready to accept that I should have received vouchers. Then they won't accept i didn't receive the vouchers.
In the end it was revealed that their DB script was faulty which left out few customers for the vouchers. And i was one of the lucky few.
Looka like I am gonna be lucky again.

I think you can recharge. Because anyways they will have to upgrade you as per the new plans. So you will be saving around 177 per month if you recharge now (current silver is 849 and new gold is 999). Plus you get one extra month with the semi-annual plan.
But I feel we should wait for the new plans. Because they too might have some long term benefits on semi-annual and annual recharges. Also recharging with the new gold plan gives you Amazon Prime subscription which you won't get on upgrading from old silver.

PS: Citi bank offer is once per customer. So that is also out of question.
Hi @ap99 thanks for your insights. Your suggestions are always sensible. After posting my query, even I thought that I should wait as they may release long term plans with good benefits. So I will wait and then decide. Thanks.

mobile market ka band baja chuke hai. ab wired internet market ka bajana hai. 3-4 saal langenge. aish kijiye.
Just a thought.

A lot of ISP are already providing cheap broadband via lco, these plans are good but nothing sort of like mobile pricing revolution. There is not a lot of scope to again pull a jio 4g.

People who only have jio in remote places or anywhere this is good news for them. Airtel act and other isp which didn't cared for local isp cheap plans, why would they care so much about jio cheap plans? Jio will become another affordable ISP. If other companies cared so much for new customers they should have invested in infrastructure and introduced plans like excitel. But but...they decide to keep milking existing customers. For example airtel which is still running on copper despite a demand for fiber. Act with their fake FUP.
Etc.

@pachabhut 94% population in India is surviving on mobile data for internet access.

So what's your point ? Mobile network doesn't have speed and network issues ? There is no need for wired internet?
My reply is limited to the comment quoted "WFH and even decent general use is not possible with mobile". Nothing more, nothing less. Personal experience is, with Jio Mobile, WFH and decent general use is possible, but may require proper hardware. With TP-Link MR600, I am getting around 18 mbps upload and 75-80 mbps download, stable.

The bottom line is, people who do not have wired internet but have a Jio/airtel sim with good speeds can do wfh efficiently. I know 2 such people who have pulled through the entire lockdown and done wfh by using the internet mobile only.

My reply is limited to the comment quoted "WFH and even decent general use is not possible with mobile". Nothing more, nothing less. Personal experience is, with Jio Mobile, WFH and decent general use is possible, but may require proper hardware. With TP-Link MR600, I am getting around 18 mbps upload and 75-80 mbps download, stable.
mobile signal strength/bandwidth and the corresponding end user experience varies drastically from 1 location to another in India so it's kinda pointless arguing about this (case in point I get barely 1 bar and less than 1 mbps with huge latency and packet loss in my home) :confused:

Back