New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with Symmetric Speeds (starts at 30mbps for Rs. 399)

New plans launched by Jiofiber with symmetric speeds

New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with symmetric speeds

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
for WFH and even decent general use is not possible with mobile. Lot of network and speed problem.
Majority of India does not do jobs that can be done from home. I am talking about your average jio user. Ranging from your Uber driver to your cigarette guy to your electrician to your plumber to your local kiryana guy. Forgot Swiggy/Zomato delivery guys.

This seems like a very promising offer by jio. Atleast on paper.

Truly unlimited(I hope it's not something like 3.3TB by airtel), symmetric download and upload and 699 plan seems like a sweet spot.

I hope they now improve on quality of life stuff like better routing and ping to international servers. I hope they provide ipv6 too avoid nat issues.

for WFH and even decent general use is not possible with mobile. Lot of network and speed problem.
^ True, and I would always prefer a wired connection, but majority of the potential customer base (atleast in smaller towns/cities) may not agree. For them a mobile data plan is more than enough, their use cases are satisfied with just that.

I've talked to numerous people whose argument is that they are able to do whatever they want with the mobile data plan, why should they get a wired plan, what more does it offer. To them the latency benefits or higher throughput doesn't really matter. The only situation where they opt for a wired plan is when the mobile signal is not good in their area.

This seems like a very promising offer by jio. Atleast on paper.

Truly unlimited(I hope it's not something like 3.3TB by airtel), symmetric download and upload and 699 plan seems like a sweet spot.

I hope they now improve on quality of life stuff like better routing and ping to international servers. I hope they provide ipv6 too avoid nat issues.
They already provide ipv6.

@Sushubh for online classes and stuff a wired connection is required as mobile is too unstable specially in urban areas. May be people can opt for cheaper plans on mobile with less data and get entry level 471 plan as it also offer free voice calling.

Now of course wired is not essential like mobile if mobile network is decent nor its available everywhere.

Back