Price Increased for Sports Gold Pack

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 8,546
I wonder if 24hrs are enough for you to watch the channels per day:hysterical:
If you are a sports fan then i am sure you will miss most of the GEC programs as matches run throughtout the day or day/ night.

Jumbo pack is best pack for south viewers plus the alacarte whichever they want.

Paying 5000 doesnt guarantee that you will miss your movie or program as you need to choose one program which is BEST at the time, you cant watch 3 to 4 channels at a time.suppose if LIVE cricket match is going around then you will surely have to miss Movie or Programs or News or even Religous channel. So think wisely why you should spend 5000rs?
You are right, we dont watch TV for 24 hours, but we also have next day!
We dont watch TV just for 1 day, but whole week/month/year, and on different days, different programmes comes various channels, which somebody from family may be interested in watching

Arun and Aswin I also think that people cannot watch all the channels and most of the SouthIndians won't be watching Starplus etc.,. and people from North not going to watch South Indian channels.
How many Regional language customers going to watch Hindi channels? Or How many Hindi channels subscirbers going to watch Regional channels like Sun channels? It will be megere. A Punjabi going to watch Tamil or Bengali channels? A Tamilian going to watch Punjabi or Marati channels? Regional people not going to watch Aastha or Colors or Star Plus.
Even if they watch Star Plus and also Star movies they all still come under South Jumbo pack which will cost only Rs.310. A saving of Rs.100.
Some are giving 1 year offer for Rs.4500 like that. They will give you all the channels with a new connection and we still save Rs.500!!!

Your logic about South Indian Vs Punjabi is right.
But I will give example of Marathi family. We watch Hindi & Marathi GEC's. We also watch Hindi & English Movies channels. Then we are interested in Indian cricket matches on NEO/ESS/TEN (*whenever available), also interested in F1, WWE and cricket matches played by AUS/SA (So sports channels is a must). At the end of day we need 'quality' news which is available only on English news channels.
* Not watching TV whole day for that, but in evenings & weekend above stuff is needed, and also needed whenever special event, movie, or match is being telecasted.
So to have this channels, we need
Super Saver Pack - 260
LS Gold Pack - 45
SP Gold pack - 40
SP Plat pack - 65
TEN sports - 15

But anyways, people can have differnt thoughts. Who can pay and don't want to live in worries can opt for MEGA packs, others can continue enjoying TV programs by paying monthly without getting into long term commitments, its all personal wish.

You are right, we dont watch TV for 24 hours, but we also have next day!
We dont watch TV just for 1 day, but whole week/month/year, and on different days, different programmes comes various channels, which somebody from family may be interested in watching

Your logic about South Indian Vs Punjabi is right.
But I will give example of Marathi family. We watch Hindi & Marathi GEC's. We also watch Hindi & English Movies channels. Then we are interested in Indian cricket matches on NEO/ESS/TEN (*whenever available), also interested in F1, WWE and cricket matches played by AUS/SA (So sports channels is a must). At the end of day we need 'quality' news which is available only on English news channels.
* Not watching TV whole day for that, but in evenings & weekend above stuff is needed, and also needed whenever special event, movie, or match is being telecasted.
So to have this channels, we need
Super Saver Pack - 260
LS Gold Pack - 45
SP Gold pack - 40
SP Plat pack - 65
TEN sports - 15

But anyways, people can have differnt thoughts. Who can pay and don't want to live in worries can opt for MEGA packs, others can continue enjoying TV programs by paying monthly without getting into long term commitments, its all personal wish.

So by now we came to an understanding that not many in South or North of India needs all the channels. Now coming to Marathi family which wants all the channels, as per your calculation it comes to Rs.425. Instead of paying TS Rs.5,000 put that money in FD. You will get around Rs.45 per month. So pay Rs.425 and save Rs.30 per month or Rs.360 per year. By all means instead of paying to TS as annual mega pack we can pay them monthly Rs.425 which still ends cheaper. Imagine some one bought Rs.5,000 for EMI which will give a different figure....

so u mean to say "To fall in one pit, dig another" :hysterical: good marketing strategy.

Obviously your logic is different or aspirations are different. When you are out of a pit you will see the advantages of TS+. It gives you the freedom to watch channels which you are now forced to miss due to timing, duration, clash or interference (innocent or wilful)

So by now we came to an understanding that not many in South or North of India needs all the channels. Now coming to Marathi family which wants all the channels, as per your calculation it comes to Rs.425. Instead of paying TS Rs.5,000 put that money in FD. You will get around Rs.45 per month. So pay Rs.425 and save Rs.30 per month or Rs.360 per year. By all means instead of paying to TS as annual mega pack we can pay them monthly Rs.425 which still ends cheaper. Imagine some one bought Rs.5,000 for EMI which will give a different figure....
So you will put your money on any DTH operator or in bank, except paying to Tata Sky [for what ever reasons you have] :)
Well I am neither owner/stake holder, nor sales/marketing person of TATASKY (and hope you also don't belong to any other DTH operator) and hence don't intend to persuade you to go for MEGA pack. You (and other people) are wise enough to decide now what pack to opt for (or even go for TATASKY or not!)

Obviously your logic is different or aspirations are different. When you are out of a pit you will see the advantages of TS+. It gives you the freedom to watch channels which you are now forced to miss due to timing, duration, clash or interference (innocent or wilful)

I dont know exactly what you are saying,as you are asking me to come out rather than coming into that pit as you are already into it.

coming to Tata Sky+ nowadays there is no program which is being missed.because every next day we get the repeat or sometimes the very day itself.so no use of TS+ there as even a normal cable using person can get the repeat from channel.

for example take any program which comes at prime time as 7pm or 8pm,you can again watch the same at 10pm or later and same next morning.(without TS+ :hysterical: ) same is the case with sports channels,news,musics,movies.

I heard about Blind Scan but never seen Blind Fans :rofl:

If you can watch the programmes you want to with or without PVR, or even with or without TV, there is no need to opt for TS+; I am sure you are satisfied with whatever you have. Stick to it.

true, if one is satisfied with their present cable/DTH there is no reason why shld switch to anything else..at the end of the day its all a matter of personal choice. some ppl wld just want to try new things out, some wld not want to make any change.

பழமொழி காச்ச மரத்துலதான் கல்லடிபடும் ---- அது இதுதானா

Why some of the people always HIJACK TS thread and hate Tata Sky. If they dont like, just avoid to visit TS thread. The same people praises the Sun Direct, why?:P

பழமொழி
காச்ச மரத்துலதான் கல்லடிபடும் ---- அது இதுதானா

அந்த பழம் புளிக்கும். (That fruit is sour)

Back