Problems with Tata DOCOMO Mobile Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit similar problem is with Reliance GSM. there are some 6-8 fixed time slots in a day when u can't connect to GPRS whatever u may try for nearly 20-30 mins. & it is the same time when there CC says their system is in process of update (i.e. updation of User a/c like addition/substraction of amount details become accessible to the CC). Some times its just annoying. :impissed:

downtime of 20-30 mins nd im fretting about a downtime of 30 40 secs...gosh!!!

downtime of 20-30 mins nd im fretting about a downtime of 30 40 secs...gosh!!!

That doesn't bother much as i hardly ever use it, but some times when my BB is down for some time it serves as a backup, bcoz of very good speeds(200-250 kbps most of the times in EDGE)

i also had same experiance , cc is the worst among all operator. well, they just have one motive to grab as many customer possible. it seems they are heading towards disaster.

I have a suggestion for Tata DoCoMo. It is pretty obvious that the company has deliberately done something to restrict Data speed for its 2G customers post launch of 3G services in November'2010. The reason is simple: An average 3G customer will be generating lot more revenue for the company compared to an average 2G customer for the same amount of Data usage. Simple Maths: A 5 GB Data plan for 3G customer costs Rs.1000/- and a 6 GB plan for 2G customer costs Rs.95/-. And thats the reason why the company has restricted its server capacity & speed for 2G customers to give its 3G customer a higher priority.My suggestion for the company is like this. They should think of introducing premium 2G Data plans, where they will not be in the restricted capacity & speed category. For eg: The standard 2G Data plan for upto 6 GB usage costs Rs.95 per month. Tata DoCoMo could introduce a Premium 2G Data plan for equivalent usage for something like Rs.200/- or Rs.250/-. There are people out there who wouldn't mind to pay a little higher amount to get better Data speeds on 2G. This should atleast be available as an option to the customers.

Anyone from Kolkata can comment on the GPRS/EDGE speed of TATA DOCOMO. I am thinking of porting my Airtel number to TATA DOCOMO only for GPRS. Airtel's GPRS/EDGE speed S**Ks. Browsing is very slow. And I get a maximum download speed of 8-12Kbps. So anyone from Kolkata, using TATA DOCOMO, can tell me how is the GPRS speed. Also please tell me how is the network coverage & any other problem related to the service.Thankyou....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back