Problems with Tata DOCOMO Mobile Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,This peculiar problem has been happening at my home & nowhere else for the past one month. I would have full signal on my phones (since their tower is only 200m away) but many a times, when someone calls me they get a message saying that the phone has been switched off when it isn’t the case. I could be staring at my phone with full signal & be oblivious to the fact people trying to call me are gettng a message saying the phone is switched off & wouldn’t even get missed calls SMS alerts Docomo sends out. However, when I make a phone call, at that time, I would get a barrage of SMSes informing me about the missed calls.I have been told by friends & colleagues that it is a common problem with Tata Docomo in this area, especially in the mornings. I have repeatedly complained to Tata Docomo CC & everytime they promise to look into it but nothing comes out of it. All they can suggest is to remove & reinsert the SIM.We have 2 Tata Docomo connections at home (mine & my wife's) and we both are facing the issue. In these days of intense competetion & MNP, it is easy to port away to another operator. I have long admired the Tatas as one of the few ethical Indian companies (compared to other Indian corporates atleast) & would prefer to be with a Tata company. I have sent an email to their nodal office & have explained that this is my last effort to get the matter fixed.Do you guys think I should wait to see if Tata can fix it or should I port away? I lived abroad for 10 years & have only recently moved back to India. Reading about all the scams in political & corporate sector in the newspapers, I somehow feel I should try to support those who do business with the least sin.Am I being reasonable in this?

u should port away to vodafone or airtel....they have the best coverage and no call or sms issues like these..

u should port away to vodafone or airtel....they have the best coverage and no call or sms issues like these..

I think you are absolutely right. It is time for me to port out rather than waiting for Tata to be professional with their business.

I don't think I want to go to Uninor or Loop or any of these A Raja's companies. I don't want to support a corrupt system. I also don't want to go to BSNL either after the harrowing experience I have had with getting broadband installed at my home. (Made me run around for days before someone came to install)

I think it leaves Airtel, Vodafone & Idea for me as options in the GSM arena. Since I have to travel for my business, which network has the overall better coverage & decent call quality in Karnataka? I would need decent EDGE coverage as well (3G would be nice but it is quite expensive now. I used to pay somewhat less in US & Europe)

PS: Just one final observation on Tata. I am shopping for a car & recently went to a local Tata Motors showroom. Their cars are nice & VFM, but their fit & finish is below international standards. Big panel gaps, ill fitting plastics & a general lack of cohesion. It seems Tata gets 99% of the stuff right in all it's ventures but fails in the finesse department.

yesterday noon , i recharged with special recharge 24 to avail 1p/6 sec call rates. but haven't been blessed with it till nowas soon as i did it, i called my other docomo number to check , the pulse was for 34 sec, and balance deduction was 18pi called CC, and told him the above, and he uneducated prick argued with me that i am availing the benefit of the recharge, and that the above rate was 1p/6sec !!!i had to teach him basic math to make him understand that it was not the case,i asked him to transfer the call to his more educated senior, to which he did , but the senior never received, i kept hearing the dial tone for 15minute !!!called again, some person.he registered my complaint and said it would be resolved in 4 hoursafter 4 hoursi again checked, but still it was not 1p/6sec,i again called and got the response that benefit starts after 24 hours !! ya suck my ****called again around 8pm to which they said their server is down! and call after 1 hourwhen i called again after 1 hour, i find out that they had my number, so that i couldn't reach CC (saying all executives are busy),happened atleast 7 timesbut i could connect to the CC from my other docomo number !still said server down !now i called again this morning, he kept my call on hold for retrieving information and hung up !! and now i call to receive ALL EXECUTIVES ARE BUSY ! so my both numbers are blocked !!!losers

You were essentially harassing them by calling repeatedly. Once your complain has been registered, you ought to give them some time to resolve it. Personal experience: They deducted Rs. 30 for no reason. I called them, politely explained what was wrong. They noted down my complaint and called me after exactly 48 hours, apologizing for mistake on their part and confirmed that they had issued a refund.

Well in north india airtel and vodafone have the best roaming coverage ....but i don't know about karnataka...and tata cars are really not of good quality..my friends new tata safari only a year old had a big boomy bassy cabin noise due to vibrations while driving at 50 to 60 kmph speeds so we always had to avoid those speeds and even the parts are of low quality with service centers giving the worst of service and repair(my friend's personal experience!)

I also had similar issue with AirTel.I was able to receive a call only if I have made an outgoing call on that calendar day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back