Problems with Tata DOCOMO Mobile Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
you said that your call was of 34 sec.Docomo adds 2 secs to each call. I have checked it a lot of times.34+2 = 36 / 2 = 18pit should have been34+2 = 36 / 2 = 6p

Yes, TATA's network has this issue, esp. on 3Gif you dont mind the rates then dont hesitate to switchThe sole reason for the existence of any company is profit generation. Nothing more,nothing less

Hi Guys,

This peculiar problem has been happening at my home & nowhere else for the past one month. I would have full signal on my phones (since their tower is only 200m away) but many a times, when someone calls me they get a message saying that the phone has been switched off when it isn’t the case. I could be staring at my phone with full signal & be oblivious to the fact people trying to call me are gettng a message saying the phone is switched off & wouldn’t even get missed calls SMS alerts Docomo sends out. However, when I make a phone call, at that time, I would get a barrage of SMSes informing me about the missed calls.

I have been told by friends & colleagues that it is a common problem with Tata Docomo in this area, especially in the mornings. I have repeatedly complained to Tata Docomo CC & everytime they promise to look into it but nothing comes out of it. All they can suggest is to remove & reinsert the SIM.

We have 2 Tata Docomo connections at home (mine & my wife's) and we both are facing the issue. In these days of intense competetion & MNP, it is easy to port away to another operator. I have long admired the Tatas as one of the few ethical Indian companies (compared to other Indian corporates atleast) & would prefer to be with a Tata company. I have sent an email to their nodal office & have explained that this is my last effort to get the matter fixed.

Do you guys think I should wait to see if Tata can fix it or should I port away? I lived abroad for 10 years & have only recently moved back to India. Reading about all the scams in political & corporate sector in the newspapers, I somehow feel I should try to support those who do business with the least sin.

Am I being reasonable in this?

select the 2g mode instead of automatic...and you are done.. same thing was happening to me.

I was experiencing a rather weird problem on 3.5G - echo. :|The person on the other end was able to hear me but I could hear my voice as well. Lodged a complaint and the issue was resolved in 24 hrs.Try selecting 'GSM Only' mode as suggested above.

select the 2g mode instead of automatic...and you are done.. same thing was happening to me.

Hmm.. I think you might be on to something. I have an Android phone which is capable of both GSM(2G) & WCDMA (3G). I had left it on the Automatic mode & in areas where 3G is available, it hops on 3G. I found it strange that even though I had opted for EDGE data pack, it used to put me on UMTS. But I never bothered as the actual speeds I got were never 3G (I get about 100-200kbps, not the 2-3Mbps one should get on 3G).

I'll manually force my phone to stick to 2G & see if the problem occurs in the next few days. Thanks fellas! I'll let you guys know if this is the solution.

@ mehrotra.akash,

I agree that the one & only duty of corporations is to make money for their shareholders and nothing else. I don't begrudge them for trying to make the most money they can. Heck, if I was a shareholder, I would DEMAND that all efforts be made to make the most profit.

But I feel that as citizens, when it is feasible, we should try to do business with someone who is the least crooked among the crooks. (I know no one is Doodh Ka Dhula Hua) :P

I think I agree with other friends here that you should wait a while before calling them again. And be polite with them as well, they also are working men like you & me.

after one more year only tata and radia will use docomo as no body dare to tape on own network :imbored:

+ 1 for network issues & unknown/unwanted deductions from my account automatically although i didn't subscribe for any.
Local Tata mini store lady who sold me the prepaid 3g sim gives wrong info that for new connections i would get some 1/2 or some gb free offer for Rs. 65(can't remember exact) on "3G" but later realized there was no offer but instead it was 2g plan. Contacted local store / Tata CC - not much help. so i recharged online again for 3g plan(wasting my 2g plan already active) - account balance drained out in spite of having active 3g plan with more bandwidth(MB's) left. Contacted Tata CC again - very ignorant about what is already lost however i didn't fight with them or escalate further because i was only hoping to get a demo of their 3g speeds.

If only TATA Docomo's network & customer care was better i would have migrated 4 of my family postpaid connections over to their network including Blackberry service on my mobile because otherwise their 3g/BB plans are better compared to other operators but after experiencing their service not only have i avoided myself from migrating to Tata Docomo but also detracted at least 20-25 of my colleagues/friends/family who asked my opinion about migrating to Tata Docomo - reminds me of TATA Docomo's recent AD campaign, but only opposite - i'm a HERO for ensuring that my folks stay away from Tata's poor incompetent services :)

there is probme in door.. but out side its good .... but there cc even automated system to send the standard details is not upto mark ... they need to improve on it ...

Hi Ankur,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number and your alternate contact number and email id so that we can get in touch with you or go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back