Reliance Jio Fiber has started its IPTV Services on a trial basis

@Phanindra Musinada
Because of Jio, all other providers have also started bundling OTT crapware on their FTTH plans. This has caused increase in plan prices and right now, no one is willing to give pure gigabit plan for under 3000 per month. TPF stopped that and Airtel already are busy copying Jio. Even my shitty Net9Online has started offering OTT bundled plans.
At my place, we just need internet. Be it WFH or for watching series on our mobiles. This is a Lifestyle change that happened during Covid. So I think every ISP wants to make every customer overpay for things they don’t want.

Jio’s reluctance to provide JioTV+ native app for AndroidTV is salt on wounds.

Yeah true but one ISP stands out from all this bs, that is Act fibernet. Where I live, they are offering 1gbps plan for just 1499 p.m with ott apps and free router. Also, they are offering plans without ott for much cheaper prices. For ex, 300mbps without ott plan just costs 1049 p.m which is a lot cheaper compared to other isp. This might be differ from city to city but atleast there is one ISP who is not greedy and not in a rat race like others.

@Phanindra Musinada Maybe they don't have a lot of customer base in your city that's why they are offering such discounts. Have a look at Bangalore Plans, they are a little expensive. Also ACT is not FTTH atleast in BLR and HYD. Also they have ridiculous data cap on few plans(<300 Mbps) which is kinda bummer because they force customers to opt for a higher speed plan.
ACT is a very good ISP with good after sales support, uptime and routing in Bangalore. I was on ACT for over an year when I was in blr back in 2021. I'd pick ACT if Airtel is not available in my residency, they have a very good presence and cover almost whole Bangalore.

@Phanindra Musinada Wow, what's the FUP for 1Gbps plan? I can't see that for Vishakhapatnam on their site. Also how's the speed? Do they provide wifi 6 router? Do they give yearly discounts? Because even at ₹1499 the 1 Gig plan looks super awesome. I would happily take it if it comes to my city 🥹.

@unnecessary Wdym you can't see the plan ? It's under entertainment plans. I don't know abt the fup but i think it's same as the other plans. Yes, they do provide AX1500 wifi 6 router. I have no idea about yearly discounts. You have to contact cc for that . This plan is really good. They are also providing Netflix basic and other ott subscriptions at no cost.

Jio is telling govt to not abolish DTH License fee as it might give advantage to DTH players :D

I meant I couldn't the see the FUP for 1 Gig plan at Vishakhapatnam. Probably it'd 3.3 TB.

@SVK I still don't understand how top authorities turn a blind eye on jio. With not just this thing but all the other shady stuff they do.

Reactions: SVK
Right, Jio wants to provide Live TV channels without paying any License fee, but they don't want govt to abolish DTH license fee (which is huge number for DTH providers) :D

But dth is much more user friendly than jio live tv option.

If only jio can provide same experience like dth in channel changing then only people will switch to jio tv lol

My experience with Airtel IPTV was quite good. Ui was slow probably coz of shitty hardware. But it was great to have access to past programming on demand. No need for local storage to record specific programming. Everything was available from Airtel end. And of course no problems during rains and stuff.

Reactions: SVK

Back