Sachin Tendulkar retires from One Day International Cricket

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 17,357
I would say there was no obligation for him to retire after WC, but on hindsight it may have been the best thing to do. Had he been playing well and not picking and choosing ODIs to play, while playing IP-L & CL-T20, I would not have minded him going on for some more time.

the whole world would have seen .......the kind of farewell he would have got if he had decided on world cup win day .would have been a celebration of life time

Also, its obvious that its kind of forced retirement. He opted out of SL series. Whats the meaning of opt out as in any case he retired without playing any ODI since Asia Cup. It is an indication, that he intended to play.

I think I am being confused as having different views than what I have. Some of my views overlap with icon, some with Toocool and so on.

He seems to be money-minded. I am not questioning that view. But people expecting a media announcement, being carried by folks etc seems a bit far fetched expectation. And I dont see a big deal in him announcing in between series and not doing a media grandstand, especially when he is still going to be around playing Tests.

the whole world would have seen .......the kind of farewell he would have got if he had decided on world cup win day .

would have been a celebration of life time

True. But is it too much for him to say, I want to continue?

If he was going to play well & play all matches instead of participating in the circus. I see no harm in continuing for a while more.

not at all bro..........he can continue to play for another 10 years , but then he and his supporters should be open to criticism just as well as praise he got all these years

He seems to be money-minded. I am not questioning that view. But people expecting a media announcement, being carried by folks etc seems a bit far fetched expectation. And I dont see a big deal in him announcing in between series and not doing a media grandstand, especially when he is still going to be around playing Tests.

"especially when he is still going to be around playing tests"

correction.........t-20 as well.

if he had retired from both one day and t-20 .........then it would have been fine and i wouldn't have doubted his intention .and i am sure all his fans and critics as well

but only 1 days retirement .........and because of that no media conference is the prooof that he will be uncomfortable in answering the questions regarding ...........why would you not retire t20 as well ?? as you are a great player and a purist as well, he himself said it many times , test is the ultimate cricket

@Toocool : constipation brings weakness. :pBass karo yaar... sachin dont care what people think about him otherwise he would have not been able to play for 23 years..He would have retired after tennis albow problem. I like him for that! :p

constipation brings wekanesss????sorry to know this.............i dont know, u may be better knowing it :palso sinkara only brings energy but doesnt let go off constipation :D

He has already retired from T20I. If you are referring to IP-L, all said & done, its a DOMESTIC tournament, and no one cares about DOMESTIC retirement or whatever. Warne, Ponting are still playing Big Bash League. And English players play county cricket (atleast the ones who are not lured into lucrative commentary jobs) for 3-4 years after retirement.Gilchrist, McGrath, Kumble, Ganguly all come under that category.

constipation brings wekanesss????

Hey bhagwan! jab khana pachega nahi to taakat kaha se milegi??:russianroulette:

Ashish...... Tinda is away on holiday and he from there sent his resignation...... Eerrrm retirement letter to bcci.

Great gesture by greatest player of all time :thumbup:

Arey urs tinda didn't sent a retirement letter to BCCI! Pehle padh to le kaise pata laga BCCI ke members ko :livid:

Sinkara demaag pe jyada asar kar gayi ya GAS!!

Back