Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,996
But then Samsung did nothing to promote the nexus s in India, I'd seen shop keepers advise people (including me) against buying the nexus. More like they got it here just for the sake of it. Plus, I believe they'd launched the slcd here.

and of course, there is a market for stock android devices. the developer's community. users who know about the problems associated with customized UIs etc.
of course, my point was that it is very minuscule compared to the general populace.

well. if marketed well as a samsung product with native android experience... it would do well. the phone is a stunning looking device. however of course, there is a major problem here for samsung. if they market it as a stock android experience device, they are admitting that touchwiz is not good enough. that is something they are probably not willing to accept. i guess this alone is the reason why they did not bother to launch the nexus in india. :P

People in India are not that keen even on moving on to official ICS offered by their manufacturers. I doubt they would have even made 1 person think if they did place Galaxy Nexus in the Indian market as a "Stock Android experience". There are people with capable devices & an ICS update available, but who dont even care to update it!Its only ppl like us who r more bothered about all this! In fact people are so naive, that they even tell me "What does S2 do, that Pop cannot?" I was like :| :| :| :|

^ Not a naive question at all I think, so what can the S2 do that the Pop cannot? I am talking about native features not some app which is compatible on one and not on the other

My reaction to such question still does not change! :| :| :| :|

^ Not a naive question at all I think, so what can the S2 do that the Pop cannot? I am talking about native features not some app which is compatible on one and not on the other

my answer would probably be... why people go for honda city when they can drive around in a maruti 800. :|

Is it because there really is no difference or whatever differences do exist do not justify the price disparity?

----------

my answer would probably be... why people go for honda city when they can drive around in a maruti 800. :|
More like a Linea vs a City / Civic may be? Or a 800 vs a Santro. I hadn't pondered over this earlier, but now I wonder what difference exists between these phones for the average user.

----------

At a broad level, I see a major difference in display and memory, and minor (practically, not theoritically speaking) difference in proc. Enough to justify a 3x price difference? Not IMO

Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus S5570i vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

Well forget native apps, surely there will be many resource hungry apps, that will hang/crash on lower end phones... That can be given as a reason enough.

Back