Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,996
Thinking Of ordering From this Site.

----------

Ordered from the site. Now Let's see

I am thinking of what to say --- Hmm... :Boy Think: ... Hmm.... I guess LOL would do.

Got a Mail from Expansys USA

Due to huge demand for the Galaxy Nexus at $399.99 we are currently
experiencing a backlog of orders for this product. We are expecting
to have the backlog cleared, and all orders to be shipped by Monday
May 7th. Please bear with us during this busy time; we will email
you with confirmation when your order ships.

Are there any other costs? taxes? shipping?

Shipping is 23 $ and no other costs are mentioned. but custom duty and Levies would be added in India which they have clearly specified and have replied it has to be borne by the user.

i Had checked the extent of duties through Calculate your import duty in a few quick steps for free | DutyCalculator. at the current Dollar rate of rs 54, it simply doesn't makes any sense and the uncertainty of the customs is a major headache on which Expansys Has no clear cut replies or FAQs, if the product gets stuck at the Airport.

So i have cancelled their order and placed with ebay.in which should arrive by sunday or MAX by Monaday

Shipping is 23 $ and no other costs are mentioned. but custom duty and Levies would be added in India which they have clearly specified and have replied it has to be borne by the user.

i Had checked the extent of duties through Calculate your import duty in a few quick steps for free | DutyCalculator. at the current Dollar rate of rs 54, it simply doesn't makes any sense and the uncertainty of the customs is a major headache on which Expansys Has no clear cut replies or FAQs, if the product gets stuck at the Airport.

So i have cancelled their order and placed with ebay.in which should arrive by sunday or MAX by Monaday
Sensible thing you did there.

I clearly mentioned in my post that this can be ordered through services like Shop And Ship. I thought Ashish would have ordered through one such services. It makes no sense to order them directly from US to india and then worry about high shipping cost + custom clearance woes.Shop and Ship gives you New York US address where the product can be shipped by your seller. From there, they bring it in India, do the custom clearance, pay the duty and deliver at your home. You can pay the shipping + customs in cash when you receive the consignment. It takes about maximum about a week from the time the parcel reaches their New York office to reach you in India.Their shipping rates are US $ 10 for first 500 grams and US $ 8 for every subsequent 500 grams.The rate of custom duty on mobile is approx. 2.36%. This usually gets levied on your invoice purchase cost + 40%. So in Ashish's case of Galaxy Nexus, Customs would have been around Rs 800 max. Even assuming higher weight of 1 KG shipping at US $ 18 + their service charge of Rs 100 for custom clearance + Custom duty, approx total which you would have paid for the mentioned galaxy nexus should not be more than Rs 1,900.

CVD is at 10 %. if we assume 400 $ + 18 $ shipping, the Calculation comes to

----------

Insurance for International Transport & Shipper's Handling Fee will be Extra to the Above cost Above

----------

Shop and Ship has a 1 time registration fee of 45$. Even if we don't consider Insurance for International Transport & Shipper's Handling Fee, adding 45 $ to total landed cost of 24977 will make the Total purchase to rs 27,407

Back