Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,992
Personally.. I am now interested in seeing RIM's future - The BB10 series - Its going to make or break the company. The stakes are so high, they simply have to win or go down with a thorough fight, and hence I expect them to come up with something that is bound to grab attention.... And whatever information revealed so far does seem promising.

Today, i got my Galaxy Nexus (due to Octroi issue it got delayed). Apparently they come with 2 builds. Yakju and Non-Yakju.
devices with yakju product code are updated directly by Google OTA while the non-yakju ones are applicable to receive updates from Samsung which are apparently delayed by a couple of weeks/Months.(they are yet to receive 4.04 update)
Mine was a yakjuxw build and got updated to 4.02 OTA only. So i Had to Root & unlock the bootloader to install a Yakju build Directly from Google. Can't Believe the shit samsung is pulling on google Nexus phones in Asia pacific region. It should be Yakju all over the world, Unnecessary they are trying to restrict Stock Android too.
Those who are buying directly from google play store are getting Yakju builds.
ICS 4 is Awesome, loving the fluidity and Snappiness

Also are there any issues as to compatibility with our mobile networks / 3G? Plan on using this with Vodafone. And do I need to watch out for particular model no.s? (Like for the nexus s and sII)

Regarding Galaxy Nexus, as long it is factory unlocked without any carrier branding like sprint/verizon(one can unlock this too,it's a hassle). it will be able to work on any Gsm/3g network in world.

i am telling you to get my one x :P i am still looking to get rid of it!

the gsm edition should work here fine in india on 3G networks. i got both n1 and ns from the united states. both were compatible with 3G networks in india.

In my household, Galaxy Nexus +Nexus-S+Nexus One are currently in active use.
(all brought from overseas) works fine with all kind of 3G . ( I am using prepaid MTNL,BSNL,Airtel,Voda,Aircel 3G in these 3 phones)

Regarding galaxy Nexus, as long it is factory unlocked without any carrier branding like sprint/verizon(one can unlock this too,it's a hassle). it will be able to work on any Gsm/3g network in world.

Done and done. Ordering it from someone who is coming back from the States at the end of the month. Suggestions for cases, car docks, screen protectors?

I wonder if this is right time for nexus as now many quad core phones are in market as Google will try to bring nexus quad core in market before iPhone.. I guess next one is expected from LG who already launch phone with 2 gb ram

heh. LG is one of the least interesting android phone maker. i hope they pick Sony for the next nexus. though the next android edition jelly bean is expected to be focused on tablets so google might skip a nexus for it just like they skipped with honeycomb. xoom was google supported but was not really a nexus type product.

----------

looks like i lost one of my potential victims today. the hunt continues however!

Can't find a Decent Screen protector for Gnex. had ordered 1 through amzer and they ship only matte ones.Matte screen protectors have a severe flaw. they produce rainbow effect in every pixel which makes HD super amoled display horrendous

Back