Suggest a suitable wifi router

Hey friends, I joined the forum when I was in +1 (high school)back in 2006 and used to be a regular poster. Have come back today after 6 years and proud to say that I'm a lawyer now :smile:Coming back to the topic, I have a standalone D-Link router which works great but its range doesn't reach at many areas in the 12000 sq.feet compound of my home. Though the range is present everywhere, to each nook and corner, the devices show the least signal and often disconnect.I need a router with a better range, should have N capability (I'll be connecting 1 Macbook, 1 Vaio, 3 iPhones, 2 iPads and 1 Sony LED TV to it)and USB port is a must, to share content. I've a budget of Rs. 3.5k Please suggest the best router.Thank You

Have a new mtnl connection in Mumbai. They gave mtnl 450tc1 modem+ router+wifi.The wifi signal strength is very very bad.Also with iPad it shows connected, but page does not open. Mtnl support has no answers. Need to buy new modem router wifi. Pls suggest which ones are good and will solve my problem. Cost is not an issue as long it solves the problem. Pls help.

The cheapest one I know that supports the full n standard (300mbps speeds) is the D-Link 2750u ~2.5k - also has a USB port which, presumably should allow you to share your printer over the network.the ones from other brands(Netgear,Asus,TP-Link) seem to start at 3.5k or so.

Thanks Manu1991. Does mtnl work on n standard or do I need a one with g standard. ?Also my biggest criteria is range of signal. I need coverage for 1500 sq ft. Which one would you recommend?

The N standard is the latest as of now. It determines the speed and range of the network. Nothing to do with your internet connection. Will work with MTNL.Also, it has dual antennas so 1500 sq ft. should be okay. Unless there are a LOT of obstructions in between.Other options would be:Linksys Cisco WAG120N ~3kTP-Link TD-W8961ND ~2.4k - If you don't need USB, this maybe a better choice.

Thanks again Manu1991.In my house there are many concrete walls. So according to your opinion, will it make sense to buy a new more powerful router modem or put a range expander(booster) to boost the signal. I cannot put an AP as wiring is not possible. Also will a range expander wok with mtnl modem 450tc1?I checked with mtnl, they will not configure the modem router if it is not the one they give. In that case how will I configure the D-Link/Cisco router in case i buy it and it does not work?

Back