Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391

imaulik

ISP
TataIndicom 256UL Postpaid
to day it rained a little in kolkata. so what's new in it ?my Tata Sky signal went to sleep for 2 mins.after that i again woke up but its still crying i mean signal coming and going.is there any news the the f16 that ratan tata is supposed to fly came in between the satellite and my dish ?

may be the cloud :P

these are few things makes me hesitate take DTH.. monsoon wud give hardtimewatching channels. waiting for IPTV now lol

Its been raining since yesterday here in delhi but not once the signals went down.... Although rain was not very heavy but in between it got heavy and signals keep working fine....

It's just bull wat people are saying about picture distotions during rains.It has been raining for nearly 24 hrs now and it still is .... And i'm watching neosports with no problems.Has anyone actually had a problem with their connection during rains ?

I agree. I was watching Neo Sports for almost all day while it was raining and I had no problem.

Ppl with Tata Sky who have no problems during rain (heavy) or cloudy need to post more in here. Best woudl be ppl that had it during the last monsoon or is that too early, as service only launched *after* the monsoon last year, wink, wink.In any case i visited a friend during xmas (ie no rain) that had tata sky, it would go down for some reason in the middle of the afternoon, signal strength was < 20% for a few mins and come back up again, no pattern, happened sometimes otherwise not.I'm waiting to see how well TataSKY will do in the monsoons as well.SKY has been operating in the UK (amongst other countroes) for some time now, so presumably the dish tech is from them and Tata just do local installations and the admin etc. The UK has rain all the time but its nothing compared to our monsoon :)

QUOTE(blr_p @ Feb 12 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]79555[/snapback]
Ppl with Tata Sky who have no problems during rain (heavy) or cloudy need to post more in here. Best woudl be ppl that had it during the last monsoon or is that too early, as service only launched *after* the monsoon last year, wink, wink.

In any case i visited a friend during xmas (ie no rain) that had tata sky, it would go down for some reason in the middle of the afternoon, signal strength was < 20% for a few mins and come back up again, no pattern, happened sometimes otherwise not.

I'm waiting to see how well TataSKY will do in the monsoons as well.

SKY has been operating in the UK (amongst other countroes) for some time now, so presumably the dish tech is from them and Tata just do local installations and the admin etc. The UK has rain all the time but its nothing compared to our monsoon :)[/b]

During rain DishTV singnal is not going. It is working ok

Tata Sky signal here kept on going down intermittently during heavy rains in Delhi. Sometimes the picture would become heavily pixelated, sometimes it would freeze, sometimes "No signal" message would come. My signal strength is 40 % normally (thanks to stubborn installation engineer who insisted it's ok), maybe that's to blame? I am going to call those engineers again and demand an explanation from them.

Yup u must demand explanation from them... cos there was no such prob here... My signal strength is around 80-90%

Back