Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
well, because the reception is digital , its like you either receive the signal or not ..( calling fellow engineers!!). So even if you get low signal strength , the picture quiality wont be affected AFAIK. The picture quality will be affected by Bit Error Rate (BER) but, as wrong bits make up a wrong picure (read unclear..pixellated etc) .So even if signal strenght increases from 40 to 50 you wont see any visible difference coz there actually isnt any!! In analog transmission , the picture quality is a direct function of the signal strength. This is a major advantage of digital transmission.

Signal quality determines your reception. You should ensure that it is around 80% at the time of installation. In that case only you will have minimum interference. Otherwise even small rains / winds can cause disruption to service. You should contact the helpdesk and ask them for realignment, since it has one year warranty.

Thanks for responding. Signal quality in my case has remained at 100.One unanswered question( or maybe I've missed it )--the signal level--how come there was a sudden jump from 94 to 121? More than 25%.vkr.

Signal quality determines your reception. You should ensure that it is around 80% at the time of installation. In that case only you will have minimum interference..

ok,Thanks .:)

Does a bigger dish resolve any of the signal issues during rains ?
Acc to a member from Shillong said bigger dish is much better than dish with smaller diameter .

No problems here but lets just clarify one thing - it was a passing shower and the sky was intermittently clear so I don't really think it counts. I expect the signals to screw up when we have one of those 3-4 day spells of non-stop heavy showers which happens every single year.

yeah, rains have just started, but will take some more time to reach the peak stage. thats when you should be checking your signals. i hope there isnt much disturbance for you guys, otherwise your bheja will get fried sitting home for 2-3 days. :p

When the rain just begin with lightening and thunderstorm, there was no signal, but once it was over and it was raining slowly, still we were able to get good signal

Back