Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
Jhingalala Jingalala

As the whole nation rejoiced last Monday, I was tearing my hair out as there was no signal on my TV from Tata Sky. The signal went away just before the first delivery was bowled. I have noticed that whenever there is a hint of cloud or rain, the signal is either disturbed or goes away completely. The Tatasky spokesperson has termed this as "rare". I strongly disagree. This happens very often in Kolkata. I cannot believe that people in the UK where it rains all the time puts up with it. Me and my brother-in-law together have four connections of Tatasky. We are just wondering why the hell did we jump into Tatasky? I therefore suggest that potential Tatasky customers should think twice before giving the cable operator the boot. DTH is not as advanced in India as we thought.

Heavy rain with dense cloud cover can affect any DTH in world (including UK, although rain is never heavy as Monsoon rains in India), and even we lose signal for sometime, but for normal rainfall, I never faced problem of signal losing (ya but whenever there is rainfall our electricity goes off!:) )

Heavy rain with dense cloud cover can affect any DTH in world (including UK, although rain is never heavy as Monsoon rains in India), and even we lose signal for sometime, but for normal rainfall, I never faced problem of signal losing (ya but whenever there is rainfall our electricity goes off!:) )

I am the wise one. I have an inverter and did not miss tv during power failures. Especially in the early evenings, inverter-Tata Sky combo is a boon.

r u sure ur dish is facing the satellite without any interference inbetween? i mean like buildings or any tree then u might face this problem. Iam also in uk and i use sky and got sun tv connection thorough a sperate dish from hotbird. I do face the signal loss sometimes when it rains heavily but that is jus for few seconds not for long, this happens only when it rains heavily not for the normal rain fall. i think the reason for signal loss in ur case shud be something else .

I was worried about this before going for Tata Sky. But, I have had no major problem so far. I missed about 5 mins in the Ind-Eng one-dayer at the Oval. The signal goes off for about 10 mins but comes back usually.

i wud jump up and down if signal goes down during F1 race for 10mins and 10 mins is too much. so DTH is complete no-no for me now.

I can surely be patient for 10 minutes, but hours !!! It was happening regularly before, for short periods, and I did keep quiet. But Monday was the last straw. The Dish is correctly placed (set by Tata Sky technician) and no huge building is interfering. Even if I accept that this is a worldwide phenomenon Tatasky should have said this when I subscribed, because we do have a long monsoon. Then, atleast I would have kept my cable connection running. I also heard that where there were larger dishes (as a common connection in apartments), signal was okay. So, it is us, the poor lonely customers, who suffers.

Back