Tata Sky DTH Service in Rains

• Thread starter Thread starter imaulik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 65,391
i wud jump up and down if signal goes down during F1 race for 10mins and 10 mins is too much. so DTH is complete no-no for me now.

What would you do if the current goes in your cable operator's place but not in your house. With DTH you would have no such problems.

see i am in mumbai, power failures are rare. and cable op is nearby so in most cases when his power goes, mine goes too. hardly once in year his power goes and mine doesnt.but with DTH and mumbai heavy rains, this can happen for 4 months non-stop everyday. and with my experience with my luck, i am sure that wud happen right when i dont want it to happen.

In Chennai , today it rained heavily for half hour ... i wasn't disappointed because there was nothing to watch :)

In Chennai , today it rained heavily for half hour ... i wasn't disappointed because there was nothing to watch :)

hm.. maybe that is the reason why i did not get signal for soem time too .

@ asdfgh..... i hope your alphabets have not washed away.

We too are facing problems every now and then, here in Kerala. The Tata Sky signal goes off whenever it starts to rain. :mad: I called up Customer Support - the guy said its not a big problem as people anyway switch off TVs whenever it rains. I told him we switch off only if there is thunder or lightning and we're supposed to receive uninterrupted supply. I wrote to [email protected] and no response. Not sure if this problem is there with Dish TV also.

We too are facing problems every now and then, here in Kerala. The Tata Sky signal goes off whenever it starts to rain. :mad: I called up Customer Support - the guy said its not a big problem as people anyway switch off TVs whenever it rains. I told him we switch off only if there is thunder or lightning and we're supposed to receive uninterrupted supply. I wrote to [email protected] and no response. Not sure if this problem is there with Dish TV also.
DTH services worldwide gets affected by rain which is commonly known as rain outage which can't be resolved. Its the same case whether its TSky or Dish TV or Sun Direct. There is also a phenomenon called sun outage which is also common for all satellites don't know it affect DTH as well. But both are because of nature and beyond the human control. Hence learn to live with it.

this is the problem of Dth Industry ....and world's all dth providers will be facing this problem...not only dushtv / Tata Sky....so you can't do anything in that.

Yes, we must learn to live with it. Even the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was closed daily for 15 minutes last week due to sun outage. And if you calculate the time during which there are no signals due to rain, it won't add up to more than 30-45 minutes in a year. Its better as compared to cable TV which gets blank if there is a power failure in the control room or in the nearby house where the amplifier is installed and also when some cable work is going on. Even if you have Invertor, still you can't watch TV. Some operators though have the battery backups.

One can live with this much of downtime ... I can still remember the downtime my local cable operator used to have ...

Back