Times of India is pretty much a Tabloid

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 22,477
entertainment sells , or rather sex sells , news does not , welcome to 2000 :| the newspaper industry all over the world is suffering from this, it's not only TOI, many papers only depend on p3 news, prime example the recent mess from fox's 'news of the world' it was the largest selling tabloid in u.k and it was only yellow journalism.

what will ib ministry do if high court has said in a verdict that 'adults need there share of entertainment and that cannot be stopped because children also read news papers, adults need to supervise that children dont read that stuff ' , now i dont really remember the exact language but it was something similar. and it was years back wen someone filed a PIL.:msn:

----------

and btw did u not see how and what punjab kesri publishes pictures on sunday and thursday edition???? i go to a saloon who has punjab kesri subscription.....:rofl:

----------

:tongue2:

what will ib ministry do if high court has said in a verdict that 'adults need there share of entertainment and that cannot be stopped because children also read news papers, adults need to supervise that children dont read that stuff ' , now i dont really remember the exact language but it was something similar. and it was years back wen someone filed a PIL.:msn:

:tongue2:

In that case, why there is a ban on Adult TV channels?

ask the court and not me, also btw pil was about non nude but explicit pics .:Smoking:

----------

and if u don't know there is mtv grind which has started again on MTV , at 7 pm Saturday with explicit moves and bikinis and what not. and that is not banned till yet, i don't think that should be banned either............

----------

then all celebrity magazines will be banned tooo................????

Tabloids can and infact do publish hot pictures ......:-)

there are songs like shiela ki jawani and munni playing in every autorikshaw and radio stations every 15 minutes and you're worried about newpapers which are read far lesser as compared to children listening to radio or watching music channels . although i must tell you guys that i'm not against these songs or their videos but please allow full nude scenes in english movies to be aired on tv but in parental lock mode as atleast in some english or other foreign language movies , those nude scenes are important to story telling unlike these item songs which are not at all important to story if the movie has a story to begin with .

hehe. my niece. two years old. she is a big fan of munni. :| for a while she would start staying chacha munni chacha munni chacha munni (whenever she would see me)... literally asking me to play the song on my phone. :| it is sort of embarassing to see her enjoy this song so much even though she does not understand ONE word of it!

This happens in all newspapers.....i read DNA, and in some way or the other, they too are searching for ways to publish explicit pics of women. Now thats what people want. Its a dual mentality with us - on 1 side we want all this stuff in front of our eyes & on the other, we demand a ban on it.

Back