Upgraded to Reliance Thunder 1099 4Mbps no FUP Broadband Plan!

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 27,853
Hi. I was reading this thread and I must say I am quite excited about this plan! I went to the reliance website and their details were semi helpful. I also read something called AUPC (http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/pdf/AUPC.pdf) on their website which says stuff like downloading copyrighted files will result in suspense of connection and all that bullcrap. I need to know some details about this plan and I would be very thankful if someone who has this plan answered my queries.

1) Do you also need to buy their landline phone for this plan to work? I dont want another landline.

2) What is the total initial cost (including installation + anything else)?

3) I already have a router and a modem (which I use for my current mtnl internet connection), do I need to buy one of their routers again? If yes then howmuch does that cost?

4) How do they transmit this internet to the house? Like through telephone wires or seperate cables?

5) Do they have this plan in Delhi (I couldnt find it on their website)?

6) What is the TOTAL monthly cost of this plan (including all the taxes)?

7) How does the bill for the connection come? It said something about Advanced Payment on their website. Is this PREPAID or POSTPAID?

8) How stable is the connection (my current mtnl plan for example is quite unstable and stops working randomly)?

9) Have any of you got any warnings from reliance for downloading stuff from torrents (you know what I mean!)?

These are alot of questions and I would be very grateful if someone answered them for me. I am seriously considering this plan. Awaiting your replies!

Thanks alot guys.

1.Nope.Actually,they have stopped giving out new Landline connections.2.I installed my connection a LOT of years ago and I was asked for 400 INR.But,now the installation chargers are 599 INR (according to the site)3.Most probably you will be provided a Metro Ethernet connection.Theres no need of a modem for that.However,if you are given an ADSL connection then you can use your old modem and router.4.For ADSL,those normal copper (telephone :| idk) wires are used and for Metro ethernet you directly get a RJ-45 to attach it into your PC.5.Yes,all the plans are available everywhere.6.Depends..I'm not sure about how much are we taxed(never really cared as I'm not the one paying for the connection :( )7.You have two options to receive your bills.a)Hardcopy and b.)via email.You need to pay for the upcoming month in advance.8.Again,stability depends on your locality.I haven't faced any problem related to stability yet.Ask someone in your locality about the stability stuff.9.I remember,once when I was in class 7th I got a warning because I downloaded a game which wasn't even released yet xD Idk why the hell was I tracked down.But,AFAIK you can download all the torrents peacefully and to stay safe you might want to get a VPN.(Some bad shit is gonna happen in a few years for sure)

Thanks for your reply yashleo21. It was very informative, it helped me clear my doubts. How do you get your internet? Metro Ethernet line or ADSL2?Even if they transmit the broadband by the RJ-45 wire, you would still need a router to make the connection wireless (wifi) right?And I presume it would also mean that you have a static IP rather than a dynamic IP.

Thanks for your reply yashleo21. It was very informative, it helped me clear my doubts.
How do you get your internet? Metro Ethernet line or ADSL2?
Even if they transmit the broadband by the RJ-45 wire, you would still need a router to make the connection wireless (wifi) right?
And I presume it would also mean that you have a static IP rather than a dynamic IP.

I have an ADSL2+ connection and yes,for making the METRO ETHERNET connection wireless you will need a router but modem isn't required.Metro ethernet users get a static ip while ADSL2+ users get dynamic.

hey guys...recently i shifted my house and there was no feasibility for reliance :(
Only airtel was available....and surprisingly 8 mbps plan was available....i took 8mbps 80GB fup plan....which is shitload costly than reliance!
anyhow im satisfied with the speed now!
Avg Download Speed = 1 MBps :)
Avg Upload Speed = 70 Kbps.

Torrent Download =

Speedtest =
https://www.speedtest.net

hey guys...recently i shifted my house and there was no feasibility for reliance :(
Only airtel was available....and surprisingly 8 mbps plan was available....i took 8mbps 80GB Fair Usage Policy plan....which is shitload costly than reliance!
Now please spill the beans. How much does it cost per month? :P

Now please spill the beans. How much does it cost per month? :P

It costs 2100 per month! :( ...but i think no isp's provide this much speed in my area....so i have no choice :(

It costs 2100 per month! :( ...but i think no isp's provide this much speed in my area....so i have no choice :(

2100 :| You must be one rich fella :D

Back