When will BSNL launch new broadband plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanketindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 63,875
If x720 is correct, it might no longer work here in Gurgaon. But you might get lucky. The guys do not ask for money upfront which is annoying. I mean just tell me how I can get what I want... Nope...

Yeah... it can be annoying sometime i guess.
Used Airtel and Tikona before... Airtel was kinda expensive but always gave good speed and pings etc. No downtime also .. Tikona was worst.. and Tikona guys knew shit to fix any issue...and ping and speed were horrible.. wasted 3 months with them.
BSNL being a sarkari company...probably wont suck as Tikona did.

Ok....so some guy came yesterday and put the Land line connection. But he said he knows nothing about the internet and some other guy will come and do it. As I am going to use my own modem, do BSNL will provide some kind of setting in the modem?The guy who put the landline connection said that they might have to take my modem with them to exchange for some setting etc. Does anyone also had same Experience?
@ Chromaniac : I think you said that you also are using your own modem. Did you required any setting in your modem ?

The only thing you need from bsnl is your broadband username and password. Most of the times the password is just "password". But, still. Rest of the settings are easy.

Thnx. So I will just for the BSNL guy to come. I think they have not started the internet connection as of now. I gave an application on 8th may and submitted documents on 14th may & its 20th may today. Still no connection :) And I love the fact that guys in exchange are only picking phone between 10:30 AM and 12 Noon :D

Ok....Thankx,,,,
so just got a call by exchange office and they told me my username & password.
I think i have to go to my modem setting with 192.168.1.1 etc.
I have a beetel modem which i got from Airtel.
Is there any information step wise...how to configure the modem. Thnx in advance.

well..me being a noob in this field... i had to first search what does VPI & VCI actually means :P .. However,,, I did stumbled upon a nice detailed procedure of connecting to BSNL broadband via beetel modem...so I am going to try this tonight...lets see.
Thanks for your advice though.

Back