Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,217
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

Ok, as u say, i will try to find that out as well! But 2-3 days is too less a time for that. As i wud be busy first in just getting to know the functionality, then the transfer of contacts & all to the extent possible, and even get hold of apps that help me hide a few files!When i had changed from an older Symbian to a newer Symbian, i still took 2 odd days to customise it to my likes. Now its a major leap. It will take a lot more time, especially, given the fact that i m working on 25th & 27th onwards.......i just have 1 holiday on 26th.

Upvote 0
You are very slow :disillusionment:hahah! Just joking. I am sure you would love S2

Upvote 0
The days, arent just passing! I think the last 1 month has given me a feel of going thru atleast 2 months. Just today itself, i must have seen some 20-30 times at the bottom right area of the screen, to see whats the date. It hurts even more, as my current fone is not performing the basic functions right.

Ryt from using the "Green" button to answer a call, to hearing, to messaging, and what not.

----------

android is likely to wow you for at least a couple of weeks before you start thinking, i need moar.

That exactly describes my position in this area!

Upvote 0
You are planning to order it online or from a local store?Coming straight to the point, what's the best deal you have got so far :)

Upvote 0
Good that this topic came out. I had forgotten to mention it here.I m planning to buy it from a Shop only. And luckily i found 1 shop which i had seen many times in the past, with a competitive pricing. I googled up & 1 of the search result listed out that shop, along with the price it quoted. the price is around 27.4k. Thats near to Andheri station here - which area i go thru daily while travelling for office. But the only concern with that shop is - few ppl say it sells some Chinese make/duplicate stuff as well. So i have a few questions.....1) Is this phone manufactured in China as well?2) If yes, then is it still good enuf deal?3) Any particular means by which i cud verify if its not a duplicate thing.There were 2-3 different shops named from Mumbai, which had pricing in this range. Plus a few shops in the locality where i stay. But i havent asked for quotes from them yet. So i do have choices to buy from.

Upvote 0
samsung phones are more likely to be manufactured in korea but i would not be surprised if they are getting it manufactured in china. buying online from a reputed store would be a better deal than a store that you do not trust.

Upvote 0
Actually i m not much open to use online shopping. Obviously first thing is Trust & the next is costs. Most of the times, local shops offer me prices lower than online stores. That applies to all Electronics atleast.And lower prices doesnt mean grey market or something - its legitimate, with proper bill, and everything + some offers.Like for the current phone i have, i checked its online prices, and it was priced at around 14-14.5k. Whereas i got it from a local store for 13k, plus a 2GB MicroSD free.

Upvote 0
Someone on TE posted an image of three Galaxy S2's displaying the same image:

how can there be so much difference?

Is the third one even the same phone as the other two?

Upvote 0

Back