Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,219
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

@ Amish....Just a few words on memory. It may have been dumped & dusted during the day, but i got chance & time to respond only now!There was a time when we had 32MB of cards in phones. Against that when suddenly 256 MB cards came, people thought "What will u do of this much memory?" Then suddenly 1 GB & 2 GB came, which again led to same questions......it goes on dude!My 3230 had 32MB of space when it went into coma, forcing me to buy a new phone. Now that had 2 GB space, and i was like "So saku ki jaga ho gayi!" But then, i filled up my favorite songs into it & half of that was gone. I installed a few themes, few apps/games, and another quarter of space was gone.Few pics/videos here and there, & bang......i had to start juggling around with data!At this point in time, i have so many movies, so much music, and so much SPARE TIME, while i Travel. Obviously i wud love to have all my fav music & movies on the phone, alongwith some Games to take a break from work.That 64 GB, wud be eaten up in a matter of days for me. So i m looking for maximum possible space.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Leave all these crap. Just think - I have 1 TB of HDD, which is almost brimming with stuff. Hardly 150 odd GB is free. Obviously, i wud have 64 GB of data worth transferring into my phone!

Upvote 0
Galaxy Nexus is a nice phone, the only good thing (I think) compared to other phones is ICSI tried but couldn't find HTC Sensatioon XE online, can't even think of hunting it in stores nearby.Samsung Galaxy SG2 :disturbed: I don't like Samsung's customized UI, would rather go with Nexus :drunk:Am I just left with BalckBerry Bold 9900?

Upvote 0
HTC Sensation XE has HTC Sense. Samsung Galaxy S II has TouchWiz.Galaxy Nexus has a pentile display which is inferior to the one on S2. 1GB RAM claims are also disputed as Linux shows 75% of it. in the end, S2 remains the best Android smartphone in the market today in terms of specifications.

Upvote 0
Is Sensation XE, something different than Sensation? M still getting to know newer & newer models of different companies!

Upvote 0
XE has slightly improved specs I think. Major improvement is largely related to support for Beats audio technology bundled with Beats branded earphones.

Upvote 0
Ok, so i wont have any issues. Android itself is totally new for me. Whatever is thrown at me, will be novelty (I guess i m repeating this statement). So if i was given an Android version 1.x.x, still i wont realise that i have got 1.x.x, instead of 2.3.4! :|And then further tweaking by particular vendor, is completely out of question.

Upvote 0
You better not think like that, you will get used to it in just 2-3 days.Instead of thinking about what you would like about it, you better get prepared about what you would not like.As we humans have a tendency to bang our head thinking what we don't have instead of being satisfied of what we have :)

Upvote 0

Back