Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,219
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

Congrats Jaymin.

Upvote 0
@ Manu......u r talking about External memory. I dont think i can increase its internal memory by any means. I m already thinking seriously about getting 32GB expansion in external memory. So i m aware of that option. Just that if internal is more, it wud be better of course. Carrying around 64 GB of data.....@ Moin :)I just have mentioned that i m no more in any dilemma. But actual purchase will happen only on 25th or 26th, and thats if, i get payroll release on that day, without any issues!

Upvote 0
Damn, I have exactly opposite situation of this, I am ready with everything, but my beloved thing yet to be in market....

Upvote 0
Why do u want so much of memory???I doubt anyone stores 16/32GB on mobile.Havent seen single person carrying so much on mobile.

Upvote 0
sadly I do, my 8 gig in all filled in mobile, and very sadly here is a distribution of it 600 MB: songs, videos 400 MB : Pics & phtos 5.3 Gb excel files : work I use to edit on phone while being driven, its too picky about 500 MB in power point presentations :(

Upvote 0
Exactly u still have 500MB left!And this wud be work of around 2-3 yrs?So for filling 16GB u will still require 2-3 more years.. Forget filling 32GBBut then does anyone use mobile for more than 5 yrs??And if its internal memory.. u will have hard time to transfer that much data to another mobile when u change ur mobile.Plus storing important data on mobile without backup is risky. So u need backup too.So overall its like complicated.What I do is.. store by month...u hardly require a file older than 6 month... so i backup them on PC and delete from mobile.That allows regular maintenance and frees up more memory too.Additionally external memory cards are never reliable. You just shud never trust external memory cards.

Upvote 0
you are forgetting people have massive music libraries. and mobile phones today are also used for watching movies. this is the reason why a lot of people wanted a 64GB edition of iPhone and Apple has finally delivered it. i survived just fine with a 4GB card on my nexus one. i have never used more than a couple of Gigs on my nexus s. so it does not bother me. i do not listen to music on the phone. i do not watch movies on the phone. i do use it as a pen drive at times. so 16GB is usually more than enough for me. but i do understand the need of people to have more capacity. it used to be problem earlier. Nokia phones for example would become awesomely slow if you load their memory card to the brim because the hardware was simply not capable of handling all the data that was thrown at it. nowadays, it is not much of a problem with phones getting powerful processors.

Upvote 0
no its data of about 2-3 months now, I back it up at home when I reach there and can get rid of that small screen, But storing monthwise is good idea, however I have many files on differet subject at a time in each month categorization is very hard.... It ranges from raw meta data to fully focused strategy.Thats why i need a tablet, so I can work on big screenAdmin does google doc excel does functions ? like vlookup and all? also works with shortcuts ?also amishits all on internal memory, my external cards are sitting duck... althought never had problem with them yet...

Upvote 0

Back