Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,219
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

Yeah, I am aware of the BB specific plans from operators and that many things changes when you switch to BB.

A friend informed me about Reliance, not really sure whether I have to pay anything else apart from this pack below.

Since Reliance 3G connectivity is quite good, I think it makes sense.

Nokia N9 is launched in Austria and it is available for 600 Euros, a bit too much for a cellphone, eh!

I don't really like SG 2 :distant:

But, yeah HTC Sensation XE is something one (Android+Music Lover) would love to own.

No idea if it's officially available in India, gonna cost a hell am sure.

Upvote 0
sensation is available in india. this might cost a bit more. but the point is that sensation and s2 are both old devices now. months old. with a 30K budget, look at the next generation devices and then decide. and do look seriously into the mango devices. it is turning out to be a fine fine platform.

Upvote 0
if your budget is 29K just like mine then why not go for a HTC 3D or something similar its good phone they mostly have capability for good sound output.... which ever you select do check the review for them about sound or post it here and I will post the sound test results for it.

----------

hmmm opera MANGO??? WM ?

Upvote 0
Have read some good reviews about Mango 7.5 lately.How many devices do we have available in India right now?

Upvote 0
I don't think we have any dual core mango devices launched in India yet. So basically all phones being sold have the same specs. you can get the Samsung Focus for ~12k. It's surprisingly good at that price.but since your budget is ~30k, wait for the nexus prime. or wait for the Galaxy note to be cheaper.

Upvote 0
With a budget of 30K why not try the iPhone4, if you can get a diwali discount coupon for about 4K you are sorted.

Upvote 0
wp mango is not optimized for dual core processors i guess but there was a report that they are eventually going to support LTE and dual core processors which is of course common sense. the fact remains, only folks interested in android devices have to bother about the specifications :| it is the the Windows of the smartphone world. :|

Upvote 0
@ Mukesh, if he is to spend 30k for iPhone, its better to spend that amount on Sensation or S2! :P Despite the fact that the pieces are pretty old in terms of months, but still, they are better.

Upvote 0
Btw, this recent updates on Launch date & pricing, has saved me from some tough decision making. I m getting SGS 2 for sure. Now the only question is - how much Internal storage i cud get with it. Hope that 32 GB model wud be available, and the price differential isnt too big.

Upvote 0

Back