Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,217
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

Don't buy Motorola. I own Milestone and although I love my phone and android the after sales service of Motorola is worse than pathetic. Software updates take ages to come and the bootloader is locked which means you cant hack your phone to put a custom ROM. I suggest HTC wildfire s for your price range. There are a lot of cool phones if you can bump up your budget to 20K. Try to get a phone with atleast a 1ghz processor.

Upvote 0
Don't buy Motorola if Operating System of the device is your first priority.Nuff said.

Upvote 0
I would disagree with myself on the earlier post, I can't express my agony with Defy :)@Okay! I am bumping this thread again.I want to buy a new phone for myself this time.I have set the budget to 19.5k My priorities are, -Email-Awesome Music, that includes bundled headphones and mmm you know.-Solid Battery Backup.-Good build quality.-Large Screen.-HD Camera won't hurt, I guess.I don't really want to bang my head getting tensed by OS updates and stuff like that.So, I was actually thinking of buying BlackBerry Curve 9360 which comes with OS7.I request you guys to help me choose my new phone and bear in mind that I use phones for like 2-3 years.So, if you help me get a good phone, you will get my blessings otherwise :miserable:I know it's insane to even think of BlackBerry when I have such requirements.But, I must confess that I am quite insane of a person. So yeah, let the suggestions come.P.S I can stretch the budget, but I would have to wait till 1 November then. Won't be a big task, I guess?! heh

Upvote 0
about flash. it is compatible with android 2.2 and above. performance would depend upon the hardware of your phone. in my experience installing flash player is always a bad idea. as for videos... youtube, vimeo and most other videos would work just fine even if you do not have flash player installed on your phone. the only difference is that with flash, the videos would run inside your browser. without flash player, videos would run in the video player outside the browser. browser experience sucks if you run flash content inside it. even on 1GHz processor phones. i tried out flash player for a couple of hours before i uninstalled it. if you load sites with flash content, you are just wasting resources and bandwidth.

Upvote 0
Okay, that helps. I know that on the m.youtube.com site i can browse videos , but when I click on them, the default video player will play the actual file. is my understanding correct?Hows the file playback ? is it choppy or good ? am only talking abt SD content. The Galaxy Y has a 823Mhz arm v6 CPU..

Upvote 0
since video play in fullscreen and usually has hardware acceleration support, they would play fine. android has supported youtube videos since the first model. just like the iPhone. so playing them is not really an issue.

inside the browser, they play bad.

----------

and yes, android has a dedicated youtube app so you can use it to browse and play videos.

and if there is any youtube link or embed on a website, it would open in the dedicated player and when you press return, you go back to where you were previously.

Upvote 0
IF you can afford Samsung Galaxy SII HANDS DOWN the best thing in market as of now
if you cant afford LG OPTIMUS BLACK 17K and perfection in MOST OF THE ways.... just awesome...

Upvote 0

Back