Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,217
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

I did check on gsmarena. But its not mentioned whether this will get the next android update.. Does anyone know? Maybe they have fixed fragmentation in ICS?heh heh.. If wishes were horses..

Upvote 0
IF its altest one and more or equal to 1ghz it will have ICS for you or else you can always get your hands on CYNOGEN

Upvote 0
flip kart and in general reviews are given by laymans, who are mostly satisfied that they got a new phone to use... they dont KNOW about the specs aspect that deeply, you should refer to GSM arena or IBF for knowing what power users has to says about the phones... Ask around in forum you wll find lot of people expert in the mobile area.besides sometimes I think flipkart prices are outrageous ( on scale of 1 to 10, I would say 4)

Upvote 0
I don't want to compromise on anything this time.I know LG Optimus Black is a good device, and I was thinking about it already, months ago.But, it has heat issues. Performance level as one could expect from such speced device is not up to the mark (All that I have read).So, I have decided to stretch my budget to 29k since I am buying a phone for the next (at least) 2 years. I think it worth it.To be frank, I am tending to buy BlackBerry 9900. Suggest me something on the Android, Windows or Meego line?

Upvote 0
so you are planning to spend 30K on a smartphone.

i would suggest waiting for nexus prime launch tomorrow and see what it is priced at in the coming weeks.

blackberry devices are great but you have to realize that there is a fixed monthly cost that is usually higher than 98 bucks we pay for airtel and vodafone edge.

battery life should be great on blackberry but the app experience would suck. it makes for a good purchase if you have friends who are using it. otherwise, i would suggest sticking with Android or horrors, get an iPhone 4 (if 4S is priced atrociously in India).

blackberry platform is expected to see a major transformation next year with the launch of their QNX mobile platform that would replace Blackberry OS. QNX is used on their Playbook and this is expected to be a mobile OS fully optimized for touchscreens.

Blackberry OS 7 is still a transitional operating system.

----------

meego of course is dead on arrival. n9 is priced too high in the international market. it is not clear if it would be released in india officially. imported devices would be shit expensive.

that reminds me, you should also look at windows phone devices. they are actually decently priced and unlike android phones, they do not suffer from performance issues generally.

Upvote 0

Back