Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,198
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

Do you have the original Galaxy that came with an AMOLED, or the later one? It is a pity Samsung stopped selling their AMOLED versions following a huge contract they received (most likely from Apple)
I own a Galaxy SL, and except for the battery saving, I doubt what the fuss about their SAMOLED screen was all about.
- ‪LG Optimus 2X, Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL and Samsung I900 Galaxy S dispaly comparison‬‏[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The Galxy SL doesn't have an AMOLED if I remember right. It has what they call a 'super LCD'. The display looks much neater on an AMOLED as opposed to the LCD, super or otherwise

Upvote 0
Did you see the video? If by neater you mean over-saturated, i'd agree. Battery saving and excellent blacks are advantages of amoled but that's pretty much it.

Upvote 0
S-LCD produces vivid display as compared to AMOLED (Saw an article on Phonearena, E7 vs Wildfire Dezire HD)AMOLED uses no battery while displaying black so it's for power efficient even when you are using a screensaver.Another problem of S-LCD is that, it is freaking I would say impossible to use the device in direct sun rays, the display is washed out. That screws the device usage for taking pictures in bright environment as well :(Alright! Getting back to the topic.Nokia C6-01 looks a bit bulkier(thick). It has AMOLED display that's good, an awesome camera. But, the looks of the device is not that great. What say?While Galaxy I9003 SL(Silly of me to compare with C6-01? heh) looks freaking amazing it captures video in 720p. As manu owns it he can post about the camera quality? What's the price difference between C6-01 and Galaxy SL?

Upvote 0
How about Samsung Wave II? Its for 15k and its brilliant, excellent sound quality and camera, large screen, shoots 720p video IINM and has a 1 ghz hummingbird processor.

While Galaxy I9003 SL(Silly of me to compare with C6-01? heh) looks freaking amazing it captures video in 720p.
As manu owns it he can post about the camera quality?

I think its for ~18.5k, got it as a gift so don't know the exact price. Camera quality is good and autofocus works well but there is no flash so its not that good in low light conditions.

Upvote 0
The only reason I feel not suggesting him phones above 15k is that he is careless when it comes to gadget handling.His phone and stuff keeps falling off his hands and that's freaking disgusting. Gonna suggest C6-01, Wave II and Galaxy SL.

Upvote 0
I am thinking.. still thinking.. nothing comes to my mind xDActually I was considering Sony Ericssion Vivaz, but the reviews are quite negative.

Upvote 0

Back